Tivo RIP?

Old July 16th 03, 10:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Barry Mung

Default Tivo RIP?

my tivo is failing to connect when making the daily call. my brothers
machine fails as well. this has been like this since last week!

a friend says that the uk tivo service was discontinued last week!
eeek! i hope its not true as id be lost without my tivo.

can anyone confirm why the daily call service has stopped?

boner
Old July 16th 03, 09:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
sPoNiX

Mine was doing the same over the weekend. I'll check it later 2 see if
it is still failing.

sPoNiX
Old July 16th 03, 10:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

sPoNiX wrote:
On 16 Jul 2003 02:14:14 -0700, (Barry Mung) wrote:

my tivo is failing to connect when making the daily call. my brothers
machine fails as well. this has been like this since last week!

It seems that you are not the only one experiencing the problem! Loads
of people are getting "Number unavailable" messages.

http://tinyurl.com/h5fx

WTF is going on @ TiVo-UK? It doesn't look good..

Looks like you been left in the lurch, :-)

Old July 18th 03, 11:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve

AD C wrote in news:bf4hdg$i61$1
@sparta.btinternet.com:

sPoNiX wrote:
On 16 Jul 2003 02:14:14 -0700, (Barry Mung) wrote:

my tivo is failing to connect when making the daily call. my brothers
machine fails as well. this has been like this since last week!

It seems that you are not the only one experiencing the problem! Loads
of people are getting "Number unavailable" messages.

http://tinyurl.com/h5fx

WTF is going on @ TiVo-UK? It doesn't look good..

Looks like you been left in the lurch, :-)

Shame you cannot get enjoyment from good things happening to you rather than
bad things happening to others.

Old July 18th 03, 11:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mr Harry

AD C wrote in message ...
sPoNiX wrote:
On 16 Jul 2003 02:14:14 -0700, (Barry Mung) wrote:

my tivo is failing to connect when making the daily call. my brothers
machine fails as well. this has been like this since last week!

It seems that you are not the only one experiencing the problem! Loads
of people are getting "Number unavailable" messages.

http://tinyurl.com/h5fx

WTF is going on @ TiVo-UK? It doesn't look good..

Looks like you been left in the lurch, :-)

i hope not.

can anyone explain why the dial up hasnt worked for over a week. are
tivo gone bust?

harry
Old July 18th 03, 12:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Laurence

Mr Harry wrote:

can anyone explain why the dial up hasnt worked for over a week.

From the posts at TiVoCommunity (http://www.tivocommunity.com/) only one
person has had problems with dial up (and they're now fixed). A handful of
people have had problems getting data over ADSL (not sure what the problem
is yet). The vast majority are downloading data without any problems.

are tivo gone bust?

Nope.

Laurence

Old July 18th 03, 03:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Steve wrote:

Looks like you been left in the lurch, :-)

Shame you cannot get enjoyment from good things happening to you rather than
bad things happening to others.

I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a subscription to
use, ok so you can use it to a certain degree without the subscription.

Old July 18th 03, 03:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

AD C writes
Shame you cannot get enjoyment from good things happening to you
rather than bad things happening to others.

I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a subscription
to use,

Do you have a telephone?

--
Dave
Old July 18th 03, 05:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
anthony james

AD C wrote in message ...
Looks like you been left in the lurch, :-)

It always amazes me how much some people want TiVo to fail. 10 a
month (or less for a lifetime sub) is cheaper than the cheapest pay-tv
subscription and i've found it far better value. With however many
channels i used to have on cable i still had trouble finding anything
worth watching most of the time.

With TiVo hacked with a 120gb hard drive and Freeview I've got a 50
hour cache of programming from my season passes and when i sit down to
watch tv i have a choice of things i really want to see.

Best 500 i've ever spent on home entertainment kit. I'm really sorry
that you cant buy one at the moment.