Tivo RIP?

Old July 19th 03, 08:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dom Robinson

Default Tivo RIP?

In article ,
says...
Steve wrote:

I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a subscription to
use, ok so you can use it to a certain degree without the subscription.

sorry, what the hell has that to do with your pleasure in other's misfortune?

Why are you so bitter?

Why? because the world sucks.

Oh, boo hoo.
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/*
Old July 19th 03, 09:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Dave wrote:

Nothing wrong with my previous statement. I pay a standing charge for
telephone, that is for the lines, it is not a subscription.

Ooh look, they're *still* shifting.

How are they shifting?

Old July 19th 03, 09:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Dom Robinson wrote:

It do not rely on a subscription, if the government stopped the license
tomorrow, there would still be T.V.

Perhaps you don't understand that you need a subscription to legally view TV
programmes on one.

All right, you got me there. I suppose it is a type of subscription, but
the point is that the normal T.V will still keep going, if the license
feee ended tomorrow, I could still use my t.V

with the Tivo, it relies on a subscription for you to use at its best.
So if Tivo goes under, you more or less got an expensive door stop.

Old July 19th 03, 09:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Dom Robinson wrote:

I got more important things to spend 500 on,

*Whoosh!*

Whoosh?

Old July 19th 03, 10:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

AD C writes

Nothing wrong with my previous statement. I pay a standing charge
for telephone, that is for the lines, it is not a subscription.

Ooh look, they're *still* shifting.

How are they shifting?

Firstly you said;
I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a
subscription to use,

But according to you, paying a subscription for a telephone line doesn't
count. Your justification for this is because if BT went bust, someone
else would take over the service. Why should the same not be the case
for the Tivo TV listings service?

Next you decide that paying a subscription for a telephone doesn't count
because it's a 'standing charge' and not a 'subscription'. That's mere
semantics - look at what you get from your subscription in each case.
Whether you call it a standing charge, a line rental, an access charge,
a service charge or a subscription - it's all the same thing.

--
Dave
Old July 20th 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roy Donaldson

"Dave" wrote in message
Dom Robinson writes
I am not sorry, because
(a) I have not got 500 to spend on home entertainment

Do you have 500 to spend on a violin that plays sad music?

LOL!

"It's the world's smallest violin, playing the world's saddest tune."

LOL !!!!

That is one of the funniest mail trail's I've read for ages....shame he
doesn't have enough money for the violin :-)

PS. my Tivo's the best AV kit I've ever bought. Wouldn't be without it now.

Roy.

--
Dave