Tivo RIP?

Old July 18th 03, 05:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Default Tivo RIP?

anthony james wrote:

AD C wrote in message ...

Looks like you been left in the lurch, :-)

It always amazes me how much some people want TiVo to fail. 10 a

Did I say I wanted it to fail? at the end of the day it makes no odds to me.

month (or less for a lifetime sub) is cheaper than the cheapest pay-tv
subscription and i've found it far better value. With however many
channels i used to have on cable i still had trouble finding anything
worth watching most of the time.

this is what amazes me about Sky, my mate got Sky and he still moans
there is nothing on T.V. :-) and with all those channels.

With TiVo hacked with a 120gb hard drive and Freeview I've got a 50
hour cache of programming from my season passes and when i sit down to
watch tv i have a choice of things i really want to see.

Good, I glad you enjoy it

Best 500 i've ever spent on home entertainment kit. I'm really sorry
that you cant buy one at the moment.

I am not sorry, because
(a) I have not got 500 to spend on home entertainment
(b) even if I did have, I would not want to, I can find better things to
spend 500 on.

(c) I just got 5 channels, so not worth me bothering with a Tivo.

Old July 18th 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dom Robinson

In article ,
says...
Best 500 i've ever spent on home entertainment kit. I'm really sorry
that you cant buy one at the moment.

I am not sorry, because
(a) I have not got 500 to spend on home entertainment

Do you have 500 to spend on a violin that plays sad music?
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/*
Old July 18th 03, 08:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve

AD C wrote in
:

Steve wrote:

Looks like you been left in the lurch, :-)

Shame you cannot get enjoyment from good things happening to you rather
than bad things happening to others.

I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a subscription to
use, ok so you can use it to a certain degree without the subscription.

sorry, what the hell has that to do with your pleasure in other's misfortune?

Why are you so bitter?
Old July 18th 03, 10:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Dom Robinson wrote:

I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a subscription to
use,

I hope you don't have a TV then.

It do not rely on a subscription, if the government stopped the license
tomorrow, there would still be T.V.

Old July 18th 03, 10:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Dave wrote:

AD C writes

I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a subscription
to use,

Do you have a telephone?

That is not the same thing,

[FX: goalposts shifting]

Really? Or have you just realised the absurdity of your previous
statement?

Nothing wrong with my previous statement. I pay a standing charge for
telephone, that is for the lines, it is not a subscription. If BT go
belly up, I do not lose my service.

With the Tivo, if they go belly up, then you got a box that is more or
less a door stop.

Old July 18th 03, 10:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Steve wrote:

I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a subscription to
use, ok so you can use it to a certain degree without the subscription.

sorry, what the hell has that to do with your pleasure in other's misfortune?

Why are you so bitter?

Why? because the world sucks.

Old July 18th 03, 11:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

AD C writes
I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a
subscription to use,

Do you have a telephone?

That is not the same thing,

[FX: goalposts shifting]
Really? Or have you just realised the absurdity of your previous
statement?

Nothing wrong with my previous statement. I pay a standing charge for
telephone, that is for the lines, it is not a subscription.

Ooh look, they're *still* shifting.

--
Dave