'Analogue' is the new 'Digital'

Old July 16th 03, 01:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve

Default 'Analogue' is the new 'Digital'

Analogue is the new digital. Its official !!

The main benefits of the 'analogue tv system' are as follows:

All the main five terrestrial channels are available free without silly
plastic cards, and forced subscription (on top of the license fee)
Near blanket coverage, so none of the reception problems associated with
digital, even on portable systems (handheld receivers etc)
Better picture quality - no more poor quality pictures with digital
artifacts to worry about when watching fast action
Less interference - no picture and sound breakup when switching local
electrical equipment on and off (house lighting etc)
No more poor unreliable reception of certain channels due to 64QAM
implementation.
Small Inobtrusive Aerial - No fancy high-gain expensive antenna required for
over 98% of the country
The ability to watch one channel and record another - Yes that video
recorder of yours will have a meaning again!
No set top box required in order to access the service - Less clutter and
wires around the TV
A meaningful fast teletext service that is easy to navigate and easy to read
on screen - forget the hassle and slow speed of digital text
No ugly black perforated dish spoiling your property and bringing down the
tone of your neighbourhood.
No 'Waste of space' crappy magazine full of rubbish and ad's posted to you
every 30 days (even when you don't want it!)
No more daily repeats of programmes you watched in the 1960's and 70's when
you were in short trousers
Just five channels of the very best entertainment available in the UK
containing some of the best home grown programmes on offer in the UK.

Yes with analogue television, you will actually get back to watching TV
programmes again instead of flicking from channel to channel all night
trying to find something worth watching out of the mountain of ****e on
offer!

Welcome to the land of 'Analogue' its a great new way to watch TV and is
here to stay, long live quality british television for the masses.

Infact we had it all along, the problem is that most of us were just blind
to it all and had to go digital just to keep up with the Jones's.

Now its time to get sensible again.
We never needed a mountain of crappy low budget channels in the first place.

Its a good job we realised before it was too late.
Happy Viewing to the masses, and thanks for reading.

Old July 16th 03, 01:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Wrightsaerials

Brilliant!

Bill
Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery
Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic
Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
All anoraks MUST visit
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
Old July 16th 03, 05:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Fawthrop

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 02:50:52 +0100, "Steve" wrote:

| Analogue is the new digital. Its official !!
|
| The main benefits of the 'analogue tv system' are as follows:
|
| All the main five terrestrial channels are available free without silly
| plastic cards, and forced subscription (on top of the license fee)

:-(

One thing which people can do is to tell all *surveys* that they do not
have digital because of the cost of $ky reception.

Write to your MP as well.

Dave Fawthrop Sick of Direct Marketing
telephone calls and silent calls? They use a computer which phones many
numbers, but talk to only one. Register your: real name, tel number,
snail mail address, with Telephone Preference Service,

Old July 16th 03, 08:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

Don't forget the comprehensive programme guide (which on some TV/VCR
combinations even allows you to programme the VCR!)....

and the real-time record control (PDC).

Old July 16th 03, 08:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Quinton

wrote:

Analogue is the new digital. Its official !!

In a similar vein, Channel 4 is rebranding.
As Channel 4:3

D.

--
Vispa Internet - a real star performer!
http://www.vispaconnect.co.uk/index.php?referer=bizorg
Old July 16th 03, 09:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Steve wrote:
Analogue is the new digital. Its official !!

The main benefits of the 'analogue tv system' are as follows:

All the main five terrestrial channels are available free without silly
plastic cards, and forced subscription (on top of the license fee)

I have digital TV and have neither of those.

Near blanket coverage, so none of the reception problems associated with
digital, even on portable systems (handheld receivers etc)

I have no reception problems in my house.

Better picture quality - no more poor quality pictures with digital
artifacts to worry about when watching fast action

But no anamorphic widescreen transmissions for my widescreen TV. I
rarely see artefacting on my sets.

Less interference - no picture and sound breakup when switching local
electrical equipment on and off (house lighting etc)

This never happens to me.

No more poor unreliable reception of certain channels due to 64QAM
implementation.

Only five channels as opposed to my 20+.

Small Inobtrusive Aerial - No fancy high-gain expensive antenna required for
over 98% of the country

My aeriel cost 15 from Homebase.

The ability to watch one channel and record another - Yes that video
recorder of yours will have a meaning again!

You have a television with a modulator in it. You have a TV with a
modulator in it. You need to replace your video for a PVR with a built
in DTV receiver then you will comparing apples with apples. The Pace
Twin, for instance.

No set top box required in order to access the service - Less clutter and
wires around the TV

Buy an integtrated TV. Only women are bothered about wires anyway.

A meaningful fast teletext service that is easy to navigate and easy to read
on screen - forget the hassle and slow speed of digital text

Agreed.

No ugly black perforated dish spoiling your property and bringing down the
tone of your neighbourhood.

Buy a smaller one then or simply get off your high horse. Alternatively,
access digital television through DTT where you need only a normal
aeriel in your roof.

No 'Waste of space' crappy magazine full of rubbish and ad's posted to you
every 30 days (even when you don't want it!)

Don't get that either.

No more daily repeats of programmes you watched in the 1960's and 70's when
you were in short trousers

The terrestrial channels have always done this. What's new?

Just five channels of the very best entertainment available in the UK
containing some of the best home grown programmes on offer in the UK.

Plus several more average to good ones on top for free with digital.

Yes with analogue television, you will actually get back to watching TV
programmes again instead of flicking from channel to channel all night
trying to find something worth watching out of the mountain of ****e on
offer!

Read a book?

DTT is the new analogue. Get used to it; it's not going anywhere.

Lee.
--
Editor, DVD Debate
http://www.dvddebate.com

Upset motorists: remember, motorways offer a hard shoulder to cry on.

Old July 16th 03, 10:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Hearn

"[email protected]" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Analogue is the new digital. Its official !!

The main benefits of the 'analogue tv system' are as follows:

All the main five terrestrial channels are available free without silly
plastic cards, and forced subscription (on top of the license fee)

I have digital TV and have neither of those.

That's nice for you...

Near blanket coverage, so none of the reception problems associated with
digital, even on portable systems (handheld receivers etc)

I have no reception problems in my house.

Again... nice for you...

Better picture quality - no more poor quality pictures with digital
artifacts to worry about when watching fast action

But no anamorphic widescreen transmissions for my widescreen TV. I
rarely see artefacting on my sets.

Less interference - no picture and sound breakup when switching local
electrical equipment on and off (house lighting etc)

This never happens to me.

No more poor unreliable reception of certain channels due to 64QAM
implementation.

Only five channels as opposed to my 20+.

Of which 10+ are probably either news, shopping or other brain-dead TV.

Small Inobtrusive Aerial - No fancy high-gain expensive antenna required

for
over 98% of the country

My aeriel cost 15 from Homebase.

Tesco sell Ariel cheaper - or did you mean aerial? Not quite sure - maybe
its a aerial that's self cleaning, or just thinks its a mermaid.

The ability to watch one channel and record another - Yes that video
recorder of yours will have a meaning again!

You have a television with a modulator in it. You have a TV with a
modulator in it. You need to replace your video for a PVR with a built
in DTV receiver then you will comparing apples with apples. The Pace
Twin, for instance.

Pace Twin isn't faultless - and besides - who wants to spend 350 just so
they can record next week's episode of 24 or News 24?

No set top box required in order to access the service - Less clutter

and
wires around the TV

Buy an integtrated TV. Only women are bothered about wires anyway.

I'm concerned about wires - and I'm a male engineer...

A meaningful fast teletext service that is easy to navigate and easy to

read
on screen - forget the hassle and slow speed of digital text

Agreed.

No ugly black perforated dish spoiling your property and bringing down

the
tone of your neighbourhood.

Buy a smaller one then or simply get off your high horse. Alternatively,
access digital television through DTT where you need only a normal
aeriel in your roof.

Place I used to live had 3 dishes on the front of a 'house' (4 separate
'flats') sized property - did nothing to make improve the area's tone.
Please - remember its aerial... you've made the first step to the correct
spelling by putting the "ae" first - but you're still forgetting the "ial"
rather than the "iel"...

No 'Waste of space' crappy magazine full of rubbish and ad's posted to

you
every 30 days (even when you don't want it!)

Don't get that either.

No more daily repeats of programmes you watched in the 1960's and 70's

when
you were in short trousers

The terrestrial channels have always done this. What's new?

Just five channels of the very best entertainment available in the UK
containing some of the best home grown programmes on offer in the UK.

Plus several more average to good ones on top for free with digital.

Yeah, some good channels.

Yes with analogue television, you will actually get back to watching TV
programmes again instead of flicking from channel to channel all night
trying to find something worth watching out of the mountain of ****e on
offer!

Read a book?

DTT is the new analogue. Get used to it; it's not going anywhere.

I'm pretty sure you actually missed the humour in the original post...

Lee.

Old July 16th 03, 11:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stuart

"Dave" wrote in message
Stuart writes
Even the BBC has now realised its digital folly. Last night was 'BBC4
on BBC2....'

BBC4 on BBC2 (and BBC3 on BBC1) is not 'brand-new'. It's been used to
showcase programmes for a while now - to tempt analogue viewers by
showing them a selection of what is available on the digital channels.

Oh you mean things like Spooks, 24, Eastenders ... ?

AFAIK there is nothing of quality shown on BBC3/4 that is not also shown on
BBC1/2. Which is why the 5 terrestrial channels can still provide well over
95% of my viewing time and 99% of programme content. YMMV.

One has to ask why the other 20 channels on Freeview offer little more than
convenient timeshifts for those of us who find VCRs too demanding ;-)

Re the previous poster - the latest news is that E4 is to rebrand as E405...

--
Stuart

Old July 16th 03, 11:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Stuart writes
BBC4 on BBC2 (and BBC3 on BBC1) is not 'brand-new'. It's been used to
showcase programmes for a while now - to tempt analogue viewers by
showing them a selection of what is available on the digital channels.

Oh you mean things like Spooks, 24, Eastenders ... ?

And are they shown as part of the aforementioned strands?

--
Dave
Old July 16th 03, 02:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Stuart writes
BBC4 on BBC2 (and BBC3 on BBC1) is not 'brand-new'. It's been used to
showcase programmes for a while now - to tempt analogue viewers by
showing them a selection of what is available on the digital channels.

Oh you mean things like Spooks, 24, Eastenders ... ?

And are they shown as part of the aforementioned strands?

Yep - everyone of them is on Strand 1 or Strand 2. I prefer to call them
channels ;-)

You are the scriptwriter who was too ****poor even for ITV's 'The Sketch
Show' - AICMFP.

--