'Analogue' is the new 'Digital'

Old July 16th 03, 10:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White

Default 'Analogue' is the new 'Digital'

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:58:21 +0000 (UTC), "John Porcella"

Mine is so inobtrusive it is on the roof and not in my sitting room where is
would be an eyesore.

Shouldn't that be 'unobtrusive'? ;-)

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.
Old July 16th 03, 11:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jerry Springer

You sound like a Dilbert !

"Martin Imber" wrote in message
Better picture quality - no more poor quality pictures with digital
artifacts to worry about when watching fast action

No Dilbert no News24, no Cbeebies

Old July 17th 03, 08:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stuart

"Dave" wrote in message
Stuart writes

"Dave" wrote in message

Lighten up Dave...

Er - pot, kettle, black...

Dave - this was supposed to be a joke thread!

Which may explain a surfeit of smileys in my posts and rather feeble
attempts to match the humour of the originator. To be matched with your
pedanticism and worse... If you have a problem - try the Samaritans.

Have a better day today - byeee!!!

--
Stuart

Old July 17th 03, 09:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

In message , Steve
writes
Analogue is the new digital. Its official !!

The main benefits of the 'analogue tv system' are as follows:

All the main five terrestrial channels are available free

Not where I live they aint!

No analogue "five", free or not. Not the greatest channel in the world,
but better than ITV and BBC1 for my personal preferences. I can now
watch live US baseball (one of my very special interests). Five also has
the occasional good film and a few well produced regular series.

Most of the rest of Freeview's content is of no interest at all to me,
but some of the programmes in their additional options are well worth
watching.

--
Stan Medcraft

Old July 17th 03, 10:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Stuart writes

Dave - this was supposed to be a joke thread!

Which may explain a surfeit of smileys in my posts and rather feeble
attempts to match the humour of the originator. To be matched with your
pedanticism and worse...

And just because I didn't feel the need to dress my comment "You are the
scriptwriter who was too ****poor even for ITV's 'The Sketch Show' -
AICMFP." up in smileys - it becomes 'pedanticism and worse'?

Perhaps you need to replace your irony-checker?

And here's a smiley just for you ;-) in case it's still not working.

--
Dave
Old July 17th 03, 10:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stuart

"Dave" wrote in message
Stuart writes

And just because I didn't feel the need to dress my comment "You are the
scriptwriter who was too ****poor even for ITV's 'The Sketch Show' -
AICMFP." up in smileys - it becomes 'pedanticism and worse'?

That's the worse. Pedanticism is different and came earlier.....

Perhaps you need to replace your irony-checker?

With Silvio's?

Come on, lets put this to bed. Peace...

--
Stuart

Old July 17th 03, 11:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stuart

wrote in message

No analogue "five", free or not. Not the greatest channel in the world,
but better than ITV and BBC1 for my personal preferences. I can now
watch live US baseball (one of my very special interests). Five also has
the occasional good film and a few well produced regular series.

Well I disagree with you!

IMHO C5 is the most improved station around. From being a joke a couple of
years ago - it is, with C4, the most interesting alternative to BBC's
line-up.

Good solid police series, some good films, news that is both thorough,
thoughtful and accessible, a Clarkson free 'Top Gear' and some wonderfully
eclectic programmes that would do BBC2 proud... all on a very small budget.
An object lesson for ITV.

One just hopes the standard can be maintained now Dawn Airey has gone.

--
Stuart

Old July 17th 03, 12:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Stuart writes
And just because I didn't feel the need to dress my comment "You are the
scriptwriter who was too ****poor even for ITV's 'The Sketch Show' -
AICMFP." up in smileys - it becomes 'pedanticism and worse'?

That's the worse.

That was the humour which you failed to spot. Then you accused me of
same.

--
Dave