hauppage dec2000t

Old July 15th 03, 04:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul

Default hauppage dec2000t

hi all, consindering getting one of these, ( dec2000t) wondered if anyone
has had any experience of them ?

around 100 from simply computers ( www.simply.co.uk )

any comments welcomed

Old July 15th 03, 05:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Neil Deadman

I bought one soon after they were released and this was my first digital
STB. The main reason I bought this one was because it recorded to PC as well
as allowing me to watch DTV through my TV. For this combined usage I have
found it to be very good and as a result don't use my VCR hardly at all now.

However, through the reading of various posts on this and other newsgroups I
think there are better pieces of kit for each of these. If however you want
both sides (PC & TV usage) and don't want to buy two seperate pieces of
hardware then this is good.

The software isn't up to much. Its usable but I never really use it on its
own. I would recommend using it with DVRec & DigiGuide v6 (URLs below) to
make the most of it with features it lacks.

I also have problems with it freezing either on one channel that is
watchable (i.e. I don't realise until I try to turn over) or it can freeze
whilst changing and hence nothing appears. This is fized by removing the
power for 30 secs or so and then powering on again. This is something I feel
that shouldn't happen though.

If you have any questions you'd like me to give my views on then don't
hesitate to email me changing the GREG to NEIL in my email!

Neil

DVRec - http://www.global-digital.co.uk/dvrec/

DigiGuide - http://www.digiguide.com/index.shtml

Old July 16th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Neil Deadman

"Jonathan Buzzard" wrote in message
"Neil Deadman" writes:

However, through the reading of various posts on this and other

newsgroups I
think there are better pieces of kit for each of these. If however you

want
both sides (PC & TV usage) and don't want to buy two seperate pieces of
hardware then this is good.

There is only one other option and it requires a USB2 connection.

Can you tell me a bit more about it please? Make etc.

The software isn't up to much. Its usable but I never really use it on

its
own. I would recommend using it with DVRec & DigiGuide v6 (URLs below)

make the most of it with features it lacks.

Agreed, but DVRec has a evil evil side where the beta expires and silently
stops recording material.

Never had this problem myself, maybe you use it more than I do. What exactly
happens and how would you fix the problem??

I also have problems with it freezing either on one channel that is
watchable (i.e. I don't realise until I try to turn over) or it can

freeze
whilst changing and hence nothing appears. This is fized by removing the
power for 30 secs or so and then powering on again. This is something I

feel
that shouldn't happen though.

I would say this is a software bug in the firmware, and I have noticed
it to.

That is also what I assumed but there is no sign of a fix appearing and
Hauppauge say nothing about one either!!!

Neil

Old July 17th 03, 02:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PAJ

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:12:08 +0000 (UTC), "Paul"
wrote:

hi all, consindering getting one of these, ( dec2000t) wondered if anyone
has had any experience of them ?

around 100 from simply computers ( www.simply.co.uk )

any comments welcomed

You really want one I will sell you mine for 50+p&p.
Genuine reason for selling: It is a pile of crap.
I would be able to sell you 2 but one met with an unfortunate accident
with a lump hammer.

I do not have original packaging but will package and mail to you if
you send me a cheque first (will send after cheque clears or could use
PO). It has all other parts (psu, remote etc).

Email me for details.

--
Paj