Rowbridge problems?

Old July 15th 03, 12:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jaime

Default Rowbridge problems?

I was happily playing with digitv v3 when I lost a picture. A retune gives
on tmf and the hits (and the rest of that mux), with the snr dropped to 15
from 24, and the signal strength to 60% from 73%. All other muxes are not
picked up on a retune. I have done nothing, all bosters etc. seem to be
working as before, the analogue TV picture has not changed at all, and
theres not noticeable interference etc..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jaime

Old July 15th 03, 08:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Jaime wrote:
I was happily playing with digitv v3 when I lost a picture. A retune
gives on tmf and the hits (and the rest of that mux), with the snr
dropped to 15 from 24, and the signal strength to 60% from 73%. All
other muxes are not picked up on a retune. I have done nothing, all
bosters etc. seem to be working as before, the analogue TV picture
has not changed at all, and theres not noticeable interference etc..

Rowridge's DTT channel allocations are all shared with analogue transmissions
on the continent, and eleswhere in the UK. The warm weather conditions are
causing these to be received at your location. Consequently your reception is being corrupted.
Things will return to normal once the weather breaks. Take a listen on the FM radio
band, and you may well hear all sorts of distant radio stations; same problem.

Have a look at:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/facts...on_weather.pdf
Old July 15th 03, 09:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris S

the SDN mux was supposed to have been doubled in power last week, but since
then i've had major problems getting that mux, its been dropping out
completely late in the evenings for the past couple of days and have been
getting the little red square, either that or the signal has been so poor as
i can hardly pick it up!

i get the same problem on both my idtv and stb, both which run off their own
cabling/aerial and boosters etc..

so either they are still playing with it or they have knackered it!

anyone else got anything similar?

Chris

Old July 15th 03, 01:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jaime

"Jaime" wrote in message
I was happily playing with digitv v3 when I lost a picture. A retune gives
on tmf and the hits (and the rest of that mux), with the snr dropped to 15
from 24, and the signal strength to 60% from 73%. All other muxes are not
picked up on a retune. I have done nothing, all bosters etc. seem to be
working as before, the analogue TV picture has not changed at all, and
theres not noticeable interference etc..

My apologies as it seems to not have been a Rowbridge problem but a bizare
bug in the nebula digitv software that hopefully they will manage to track
down and fix.

Jaime

Old July 16th 03, 01:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bluestars

At midnight on Monday evening Rowridge Mux A went off air.

My impression was that all the Multiplexes went off air for a short time
with Mux A remaining off for about half an hour.

Mux A includes amongst others: C5, QVC, and BBC radios 1,2,3 & 4.

It has been suggested a power upgrade for this Mux A was planned, but I
don't see any reference to it in the equalisation programme page:
http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_de...ualisation.htm

These pages don't seem to be updated very frequently so perhaps others have
more recent info.

For reference:

Full detail of the multiplex channel allocations can be found at
www.dtg.org.uk and following the links: Retailer/ DTT Channel allocations.

For transmitter powers:
http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_details/tx_south.htm

The itc also tabulate the transmitter data at:
www.itc.org.uk
and following the links: Uk television sector/Reception advice/clicking the
map for the desired area/Digital Transmitter Information/Rowridge

Roger