NTL Digibox Remote Control gone mad!

Old July 14th 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pete Tobin

Default NTL Digibox Remote Control gone mad!

Hi,

Just got back from my hols and my pace digibox remote has gone mad.
All the buttons do something different e.g. tv = move to next channel,
channel+ = switch the box off etc. I had to do a restart before my
holiday to allow my broadband update to take place and I wonder if I
have picked up a dodgy software update.

Thanks

Pete
Old July 15th 03, 02:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton

"Pete Tobin" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Just got back from my hols and my pace digibox remote has gone mad.
All the buttons do something different e.g. tv = move to next channel,
channel+ = switch the box off etc. I had to do a restart before my
holiday to allow my broadband update to take place and I wonder if I
have picked up a dodgy software update.

Thanks

Pete

Try taking the batteries out of the remote and reinserting them after 10S.

Old July 15th 03, 07:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Neil Stephens

"Pete Tobin" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Just got back from my hols and my pace digibox remote has gone mad.
All the buttons do something different e.g. tv = move to next channel,
channel+ = switch the box off etc. I had to do a restart before my
holiday to allow my broadband update to take place and I wonder if I
have picked up a dodgy software update.

Thanks

Pete

I had a problem with mine the other day - I just assumed the box may have
been getting a bit too warm. I left it unplugged overnight and it's been
fine since.

Neil.

Old July 15th 03, 08:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
jackal

I was at my friends placewhen this exact thing happened (well he said it had
been going on for 3 days!!!). A new set of batteries solved everything.

Old July 15th 03, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
RJH

same on my ofa remote - must be the weather.

Old July 15th 03, 07:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pete Tobin

Thanks, new set of batteries and everything back to normal.