Aerial rigging in the 1940s

Old July 14th 03, 06:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Wrightsaerials

Default Aerial rigging in the 1940s

See
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/myfirstaerialjobpg2.html

Bill
Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery
Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic
Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
All anoraks MUST visit
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
Old July 14th 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Wrightsaerials

Correction:
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/myfirstaerialjob.html

Old July 14th 03, 08:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Fawthrop

On 14 Jul 2003 17:27:52 GMT, ojunk (Wrightsaerials)
wrote:

| Correction:

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/myfirstaerialjob.html

| Bill
| Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery
| Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic
| Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
| All anoraks MUST visit
| http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html

You were a bit late in the field, Chain home started before WWII
http://www.radarpages.co.uk/mob/ch/chainhome.htm

Would you believe that one of the towers if still standing near Stenigot,
on the Lincolnshire Wolds. There is no sign by the road, you can walk
almost to the base. It is fairly obvious as the only mast with a platform
part way up.
http://www.aerialerectorschool.fsnet...itude_test.htm

Dave F

Dave F

Old July 14th 03, 08:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John

"Dave Fawthrop"

| Correction:
| http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/myfirstaerialjob.html
|
| Bill
| Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery
| Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic
| Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
| All anoraks MUST visit
| http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html

You were a bit late in the field, Chain home started before WWII
http://www.radarpages.co.uk/mob/ch/chainhome.htm

Would you believe that one of the towers if still standing near Stenigot,
on the Lincolnshire Wolds. There is no sign by the road, you can walk
almost to the base. It is fairly obvious as the only mast with a platform
part way up.
http://www.aerialerectorschool.fsnet...itude_test.htm

Dave F

BBC have a FM transmitter near Dover which use an old WWII tower, a place
called Swingate. Still owned by the MOD.

John

Old July 14th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
M. J. Powell

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes
wrote:

| Correction:

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/myfirstaerialjob.html

You were a bit late in the field, Chain home started before WWII
http://www.radarpages.co.uk/mob/ch/chainhome.htm

Would you believe that one of the towers if still standing near Stenigot,
on the Lincolnshire Wolds. There is no sign by the road, you can walk
almost to the base. It is fairly obvious as the only mast with a platform
part way up.

Stenigot is now 'a listed building', IIRC.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell
Old July 14th 03, 10:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen Peterson

"John" wrote in message
"Dave Fawthrop"

| Correction:
| http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/myfirstaerialjob.html
|
| Bill
| Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery
| Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic
| Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
| All anoraks MUST visit
| http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html

You were a bit late in the field, Chain home started before WWII
http://www.radarpages.co.uk/mob/ch/chainhome.htm

Would you believe that one of the towers if still standing near

Stenigot,
on the Lincolnshire Wolds. There is no sign by the road, you can walk
almost to the base. It is fairly obvious as the only mast with a

platform
part way up.
http://www.aerialerectorschool.fsnet...itude_test.htm

Dave F

BBC have a FM transmitter near Dover which use an old WWII tower, a place
called Swingate. Still owned by the MOD.

My Late Uncle used to own the Windmill next to these masts at Swingate. He
could not recieve TV properly due to French interference!As the BBC Charter
used to say that everyone was entitled to good reception, he complained. The
techies from the BBC ran a cable from the TX hall through his garden into
his lounge! Had a grade 1 picture- Studio quality! not bad for 405 lines in
thoses days!