Pace Twin update/missing recordings

Old July 14th 03, 10:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Wilmut

Default Pace Twin update/missing recordings

There is another software update for the Pace Twin due on 25/26 July.
Pace told me that they hope that this has addressed the missing
recordings bug (where timed recordings appear to be being made but fail
to appear in the library) though they won't know for certain until it's
been in use for a time. They also said that they have found the error is
likely to happen if the box is on at the time the recording starts,
rather than having to come out of standby to make it (though of course
it won't go back into standby afterwards). They are also proposing to
have an automatic return to standby if the box isn't used for a certain
amount of time, though I'm not sure if that is included in this update.

--
rfwilmut'at'nospam.yahoo.com
remove the nospam and alter the 'at' to reply (but you knew that already)
Old July 14th 03, 11:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Wilmut

In article , Phil

Roger Wilmut wrote:
They are also proposing to
have an automatic return to standby if the box isn't used for a certain
amount of time, though I'm not sure if that is included in this update.

Phil: NO I hope not!!!! - the box is always left on, as it is used
elsewhere than locally by 2.4GHz distribution - and what point going into
standby when it is a separate tuner inside for the recording anyway!

Actually I can't swear that they said it would go into standby: it
occurs to me that they might just spin the disk down after a certain
period of no use: this would leave the output going, though you would
presumably get a delay if you then wanted to'pause live TV'.

Old July 14th 03, 10:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Simon Slavin

In article ,
Roger Wilmut wrote:

it
occurs to me that they might just spin the disk down after a certain
period of no use

The Pace doesn't seem to do this at the moment.

Old July 15th 03, 11:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim Mitchell

In article , Chris Ashby
writes

"Roger Wilmut" wrote in message
There is another software update for the Pace Twin due on 25/26 July.
Pace told me that they hope that this has addressed the missing
recordings bug (where timed recordings appear to be being made but fail
to appear in the library) though they won't know for certain until it's
been in use for a time. They also said that they have found the error is
likely to happen if the box is on at the time the recording starts,
rather than having to come out of standby to make it (though of course
it won't go back into standby afterwards). They are also proposing to
have an automatic return to standby if the box isn't used for a certain
amount of time, though I'm not sure if that is included in this update.

How will it know it's not being used? You might just be watching the same
channel all day!

It will monitor occupancy of the room it's in, your brain waves and eye
movements, visits to the toilet and usage of the kettle.
--
Tim Mitchell