Remote IR receiver with Freeview box

Old July 14th 03, 10:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Rance

Default Remote IR receiver with Freeview box

I thought I saw a Freeview box with a remote IR receiver, so the box could
be hidden.

Anyone know what make this was ?

Thanks

Old July 14th 03, 10:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

"Peter Rance" wrote in message
I thought I saw a Freeview box with a remote IR receiver, so the box could
be hidden.

Anyone know what make this was ?

Thanks

Grundig - I think the reasoning was that the box is so ugly, you'd need to
hide it to avoid embarassment in front of your friends!

Old July 14th 03, 10:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Russell

"Dave" wrote in message

"Peter Rance" wrote in message
I thought I saw a Freeview box with a remote IR receiver, so the box

could
be hidden.

Anyone know what make this was ?

Thanks

Grundig - I think the reasoning was that the box is so ugly, you'd need to
hide it to avoid embarassment in front of your friends!

So the company the now defunct Grundig GMBH sold their STB business too
still develops and sells them under the Grundig name?

Old July 14th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ben Tisdall

"Peter Rance" wrote in message
I thought I saw a Freeview box with a remote IR receiver, so the box could
be hidden.

Anyone know what make this was ?

A remote IR rx is also available as an accesory for the Thomson DTI1000.
It's rather confusingly referred to as a 'mouse' in the manual.

--
Ben Tisdall