UK Government's "Digital" Advisor

Old November 19th 03, 07:31 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Mikeapollo

Default UK Vehicle number plates [was UK Government's "Digital" Advisor]

"Wills" wrote in message
Richard L. wrote:

In message
"Andy Wade" wrote:

"Peter Hayes" wrote in message ...

And the Merc with the nimber AK 47.

To bring this (vaguely) back to broadcast electronics, I did once see

ECL80
on a registration plate.

Did you overtake it, or did you bottle out?

I expect he Triode, but Pent up feelings stoped him.
Otherwise he was in his Element )

groans

You really should get a slap for that ;-)

Mikeapollo

Old November 23rd 03, 01:28 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Charlie Pearce

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:52:37 +0000, Peter
wrote:

Martin Underwood wrote:

Always assuming that you want personalised plates. I'd hate a personalised
plate because I don't want to stand out from the crowd and think that my
plate should truthfully state the place and date of registration - which
probably says something about my personality ;-)

Indeed - am I the only one who, when I see a "personalised" number
plate, thinks "what a w***er"?

You certainly aren't.

Or, when I see someone driving a "sports" car, thinks "that person has
issues with their sexual orientation"?

You probably aren't, however, depending on the type of car, I'd
probably be thinking "I wouldn't mind driving one of those myself"...

Or, when I see someone speeding down the residential road outside my
flat, thinks "what is the difference between speeding and attempted (or
actual) murder anyway"?

You definitely aren't.

Charlie

--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs
Old November 23rd 03, 01:31 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Charlie Pearce

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:15:00 +0000, Alan
wrote:

In message , Peter
wrote
Martin Underwood wrote:
Always assuming that you want personalised plates. I'd hate a
personalised
plate because I don't want to stand out from the crowd and think that my
plate should truthfully state the place and date of registration - which
probably says something about my personality ;-)

Indeed - am I the only one who, when I see a "personalised" number
plate, thinks "what a w***er"?

I think 'thanks mate'. They are more likely to be pulled up by the
Police. By taking up so much Police time I'm less likely to be stopped
for minor traffic offences or random checks

Does that ever happen? Some fat cat (yes, he was rather portly) from
an office opposite a previous place of employment of mine had a number
plate with at least three illegal alterations, on a car parked in full
view of a street with a police presence every single day...

Charlie

Old November 23rd 03, 03:36 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter

Charlie Pearce wrote:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:52:37 +0000, Peter
wrote:

SNIPPED
Indeed - am I the only one who, when I see a "personalised" number
plate, thinks "what a w***er"?

You certainly aren't.

Or, when I see someone driving a "sports" car, thinks "that person has
issues with their sexual orientation"?

You probably aren't, however, depending on the type of car, I'd
probably be thinking "I wouldn't mind driving one of those myself"...

Or, when I see someone speeding down the residential road outside my
flat, thinks "what is the difference between speeding and attempted (or
actual) murder anyway"?

You definitely aren't.

Charlie

Reading what I wrote a week ago, I realise that I sound like a bit of a
tosser. I absolutely stand by what I wrote, but I would normally try to
express myself with a bit more humour. In mitigation, I had just almost
been knocked down by one of those ugly BMW two seaters, overtaking a
tram, on a curving blind summit, on a road with double white lines in
the middle, at well, well over 30mph through a residential area.
Unfortunately, this kind of driving seems to the norm around here. I
didn't notice if it had a stupid number plate as well ;-).

Let's have loads more speed cameras!

Peter