DAB antenna impedance?

Old July 13th 03, 11:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

Default DAB antenna impedance?

Are the F type 50 ohm or 75ohm on DAB tuners please?

Old July 14th 03, 08:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
harrogate

"David" wrote in message

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Are the F type 50 ohm or 75ohm on DAB tuners please?

Try asking in alt.radio.digital

I seem to think reading there you can come across both.
But in practical terms 75ohm coax can be used on either I recall being

said.

In my case I do not know tuners impedance but am useing a single shortened
FM vertical dipole with CT100 75ohm coax, as used in digital satellite and
terestrial. Works fine.
--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group.

Good question.

DAB is normally 50R. However, since it does not have a physical construction
per se how can an F-type have a nominated impedence? My guess is it comes
down to the type of cable used, and RG58 (the nearest size match to CT100 or
whatever) would probably have a core insulator that is too thick for most
plugs.

--
Woody

Old July 14th 03, 11:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

Thanks for the replies.

Try asking in alt.radio.digital

Noted but I assumed that as it was not a UK specific group that this might
provide more relevant answers. I shall use CT100 though it seems like
overkill for such a low frequency.

Old July 15th 03, 02:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies.

Try asking in alt.radio.digital

Noted but I assumed that as it was not a UK specific group that this might
provide more relevant answers. I shall use CT100 though it seems like
overkill for such a low frequency.

Might be overkill, but the huge volumes sold probably mean that you will get
it cheaper than something just adequate.