Freeview on SKY

Old July 13th 03, 03:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan Fretten

Default Freeview on SKY

I started getting messages on my Freeview channels today saying that I would
soon stop receiving the channel. I phoned the number given in the message
and was told that the Freeview channels were no longer going to be available
unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview" The boxes that
connect to the ordinary TV ariel don't work in our area and we don't have
cable. So much for President Blair and his free digital for all.

Anyone else annoyed about this?

Old July 13th 03, 04:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Fawthrop

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:48:14 +0000 (UTC), "Alan Fretten"
wrote:

| So much for President Blair and his free digital for all.

Nobody ever offered free digital for all.
Classic lies from the Far Left.
Blame the innocent.
The Big Lie, if oft repeated becomes the truth.

Dave F

Old July 13th 03, 04:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Some bloke

"Alan Fretten" wrote
unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview" The boxes

that
connect to the ordinary TV ariel don't work in our area and we don't have
cable. So much for President Blair and his free digital for all.

I was waiting for a post like this - looks like you're one of the unlucky
ones without any other digital alternative, Alan. How's your analogue
terrestrial ?

Old July 13th 03, 04:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Alan Fretten writes
I started getting messages on my Freeview channels today saying that I would
soon stop receiving the channel. I phoned the number given in the message
and was told that the Freeview channels were no longer going to be available
unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview"

That's nothing to do with Freeview.

The boxes that connect to the ordinary TV ariel

Those *are* Freeview.

Freeview has got bot all to do with satellite TV. You are complaining
about the wrong people.

--
Dave
Old July 13th 03, 07:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mousehunter ``'@o- ,,.

"Alan Fretten" wrote in message
I started getting messages on my Freeview channels today saying that I

would
soon stop receiving the channel. I phoned the number given in the message
and was told that the Freeview channels were no longer going to be

available
unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview" The boxes

that
connect to the ordinary TV ariel don't work in our area and we don't have
cable. So much for President Blair and his free digital for all.

Anyone else annoyed about this?

Sky is not freeview, its a pay platform and they make channels free when
they wish.
"Freeview" is free on a "Freeview" DTT box. Tell Sky to make these channels
free or you will stop using it, see where that gets you and then come back
here and grumble that Ruppie is a bad man and want let you watch Freeview
channels on his pay platform.

Old July 13th 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan Fretten

C4 is just about ok but like a snowstorm C5 is hopeless

"Alan Fretten" wrote

Old July 14th 03, 08:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Bennett

Thats not Freeview, thats Free To View. And now its not free.

Old July 14th 03, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Porcella

"Alan Fretten" wrote in message
I started getting messages on my Freeview channels today saying that I

would
soon stop receiving the channel. I phoned the number given in the message
and was told that the Freeview channels were no longer going to be

available
unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview" The boxes

that
connect to the ordinary TV ariel

"Ariel?"

don't work in our area and we don't have
cable. So much for President Blair and his free digital for all.

When did Blair promise "free digital for all?"

--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella

Old July 14th 03, 04:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Porcella

"Some bloke" wrote in message
"Alan Fretten" wrote
unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview" The boxes

that
connect to the ordinary TV ariel don't work in our area and we don't

have
cable. So much for President Blair and his free digital for all.

I was waiting for a post like this - looks like you're one of the unlucky
ones without any other digital alternative,

He can subscribe to Sky!

--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella

Old July 14th 03, 07:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gav

"Alan Fretten" wrote in message ...

I started getting messages on my Freeview channels today saying that I would
soon stop receiving the channel. I phoned the number given in the message
and was told that the Freeview channels were no longer going to be available
unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview"

Ahem - *Freeview* is the terrestrial digital TV service. Just
because many of the channels available on freeview are also available
via Sky's service doesn't mean that they are 'Freeview channels'. The
disappearance of certain channels from the 'free' lineup on Sky is
nothing to do with Freeview.

The boxes that
connect to the ordinary TV ariel don't work in our area and we don't have
cable. So much for President Blair and his free digital for all.

Blame ITV, C4 and C5. They are the ones who took the decision for
their channels to become part of the Sky package rather than to
operate a 'free to view' card scheme like the BBC previously did
before they went totally Free To Air.

Anyone else annoyed about this?

Lots of people. Complain to your MP about ITV, C4 and C5 not being
available free to view on Sky.

Gav