Best place to get Freeview box?

Old October 15th 03, 08:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike GW8IJT

Default Best place to get Freeview box?

"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to get a cheap (!) freeview box, preferably with audio
connectivity. I know the basic specs of most of the models so just
want to buy online at a reasonable price.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Andrew.

Tesco had some SetPal Daewoo boxes at 79.99
Mike.

---

Old October 15th 03, 02:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterW

"Mike GW8IJT" wrote in news:[email protected]
152947.news.uni-berlin.de:

"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to get a cheap (!) freeview box, preferably with audio
connectivity. I know the basic specs of most of the models so just
want to buy online at a reasonable price.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Andrew.

Tesco had some SetPal Daewoo boxes at 79.99
Mike.

---

Dixons/Currys for th Grundig GDT1500 for 59. This has SCART output - you
just need a SCART to Audio lead.

Peter
Old October 16th 03, 05:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
BillR

Mike GW8IJT wrote:
"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to get a cheap (!) freeview box, preferably with audio
connectivity. I know the basic specs of most of the models so just
want to buy online at a reasonable price.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Andrew.

Tesco had some SetPal Daewoo boxes at 79.99
Mike.

Wow! I got my Labgear Setpal in John Lewis for 69.50 ..

Old October 16th 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
harrogate

"BillR" wrote in message
Mike GW8IJT wrote:
"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to get a cheap (!) freeview box, preferably with audio
connectivity. I know the basic specs of most of the models so just
want to buy online at a reasonable price.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Andrew.

Tesco had some SetPal Daewoo boxes at 79.99
Mike.

Wow! I got my Labgear Setpal in John Lewis for 69.50 ..

Ah but you see Bill we don't all have the luxury of JLP - after all they
only have about 24 stores nationwide. You're lucky having Coles - soon to be
the new bigger and better Coles - but even here in the supposed second
shopping city of the UK - Leeds - we have only the joys of Allders and House
of Fraser!

--
Woody

Old October 16th 03, 07:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

harrogate wrote:

Ah but you see Bill we don't all have the luxury of JLP - after all
they only have about 24 stores nationwide. You're lucky having Coles
- soon to be the new bigger and better Coles -

From previous postings ISTR BillR is a near neighbour of mine? Our JLP store
is Heelas in Reading, conveniently renamed John Lewis. (It'll always remain
Heelas to me :-) )

Old October 17th 03, 04:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
BillR

Mark Carver wrote:
harrogate wrote:

Ah but you see Bill we don't all have the luxury of JLP - after all
they only have about 24 stores nationwide. You're lucky having Coles
- soon to be the new bigger and better Coles -

From previous postings ISTR BillR is a near neighbour of mine? Our
JLP store is Heelas in Reading, conveniently renamed John Lewis.
(It'll always remain Heelas to me :-) )

I live nearer to Basingstoke but do shop in Heelas & rest of Reading a lot.
Even though Basingrad (twinned with Stalag IV) does have a new shopping
300M experience called Festival Place, which seems to be filled with
clothes outlets for young women and mobile phone shops :-)

Old October 17th 03, 08:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
harrogate

"BillR" wrote in message
Mark Carver wrote:
harrogate wrote:

Ah but you see Bill we don't all have the luxury of JLP - after all
they only have about 24 stores nationwide. You're lucky having Coles
- soon to be the new bigger and better Coles -

From previous postings ISTR BillR is a near neighbour of mine? Our
JLP store is Heelas in Reading, conveniently renamed John Lewis.
(It'll always remain Heelas to me :-) )

I live nearer to Basingstoke but do shop in Heelas & rest of Reading a

lot.
Even though Basingrad (twinned with Stalag IV) does have a new shopping
300M experience called Festival Place, which seems to be filled with
clothes outlets for young women and mobile phone shops :-)

My apologies - getting mixed up with Bill Wright.

--
Woody

Old October 18th 03, 08:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

BillR wrote:
I live nearer to Basingstoke but do shop in Heelas & rest of Reading
a lot. Even though Basingrad (twinned with Stalag IV) does have a new
shopping 300M experience called Festival Place, which seems to be
filled with clothes outlets for young women and mobile phone shops :-)

IMHO the shops are a disappointment. What has lifted the area up are those
restaurants on the outside. Nice and busy (and without the yobs that now make
London St/Winchester St so unpleasant). Although Lloyds Bar could do
with someone to actually clean the bar and tables more often than once a month.

Opps sorry, I should really be in uk.local.hampshire :-)