Pace Twin Standby problem

Old July 11th 03, 09:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Charles H. Brain

Default Pace Twin Standby problem

Hello,

Sometimes when I try to get the twin out of standby
the box goes through it's Init routine over and over again.
The only way to get it to work is to remove the power
for a minute or so.

Has anyone else seen this problem ?

- Charles

Old July 11th 03, 02:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Willie

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:40:49 +0000 (UTC), "Charles H. Brain"
wrote:

Hello,

Sometimes when I try to get the twin out of standby
the box goes through it's Init routine over and over again.
The only way to get it to work is to remove the power
for a minute or so.

I haven't had that one , but my Pace has crashed on switch-on
recently, and the only way to get out of it is to remove the mains.

Pace have informed me that..

Leaving the Twin PVR on all the time should have no
detrimental effect on its operation.

So just leave it on.

There is another update on 25/26th July
See..

http://www.marksmith.dsl.pipex.com/index.html#schedule

Willie
Old July 16th 03, 11:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Charles H. Brain

"Charles H. Brain" wrote in message I
contacted Pace and they reckoned the box was faulty.

Well just to tidy up,

The replacement box arrived and it seems not to have the problem.

- Charles