Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Layman[_2_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 04:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Gotham

For those who have been missing Gotham, Series 4 starts tonight on E4 at
2100.

Of course, it will all be a bit confusing as Channel 5 never showed
Series 3. That was aired on Netflix last year -...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 8th 18, 01:43 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

On 08/04/18 09:51, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/04/2018 09:01, Jeff Layman wrote:

Where is there a simple official table showing the info that UKFree has?
That ofcom page you linked to doesn't...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 8th 18, 09:01 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

On 08/04/18 07:22, Mark Carver wrote:
On 07/04/2018 22:39, Jeff Layman wrote:

ISTR that Rowridge uses both horizontal and vertical polarisation, with
vertical having a stronger signal....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 10:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

On 07/04/18 22:19, Roger Mills wrote:
On 07/04/2018 11:48, Jeff Layman wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I posted that for some reason my Panasonic PVR
could still pick up Com78 on CH56 using the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 07/04/18 13:11, Mark Carver wrote:
On 07/04/2018 11:48, Jeff Layman wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I posted that for some reason my Panasonic PVR
could still pick up Com78 on CH56 using the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

A couple of weeks ago I posted that for some reason my Panasonic PVR
could still pick up Com78 on CH56 using the Group A 18-element loft
aerial. Under the same conditions, the Panasonic TV couldn't...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 18, 07:58 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Crystal Palace Issues

On 31/03/18 01:11, Bill Wright wrote:
On 31/03/2018 00:33, Dave W wrote:
On 30/03/2018 23:13, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave W wrote:

I don't know why they couldn't have put the new
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 27th 18, 03:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
No Sunday programmes in Freeview Play?

Well, I've got a decent AV amp and speakers connected to the TV, and I
sometimes listen to live radio programmes through it. I thought I could
do the same with a programme only a couple of days...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 27th 18, 03:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
No Sunday programmes in Freeview Play?

On 27/03/18 14:36, Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 07:52:07 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

I just tried looking at Sunday's programme schedule on my Panny...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 27th 18, 07:52 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
No Sunday programmes in Freeview Play?

I just tried looking at Sunday's programme schedule on my Panny TV using
Freeview Play, and found that Sunday is missing!

Anyone else see this with a Panny or other make?

--

Jeff
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 23rd 18, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 23/03/18 09:52, Mark Carver wrote:
On 23/03/2018 09:42, Dickie mint wrote:
On 22/03/2018 07:32, Mark Carver wrote:

Found out he's in Chichester, mentioned aerials but he's gone off...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 22nd 18, 01:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
from another group

On 22/03/18 09:42, NY wrote:

Televisions and radios that took ages to "warm up". (Mind you, today's smart
TVs take as long as a valve TV used to do, because they have to boot up.)

My Panny...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 22nd 18, 08:50 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Crystal Palace retune confusion

On 21/03/18 22:33, Jeff Layman wrote:

But this is where it gets weird. That was with my Panasonic 4K TV (2
years old). When I retuned my older Panasonic PVR (DMR-HWT130), I got
BBC4 HD on Ch...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 22nd 18, 08:20 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
from another group

On 22/03/18 01:44, Bill Wright wrote:

snip

Bill

(Continued page 94...)

--
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 21st 18, 10:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Crystal Palace retune confusion

On 21/03/18 19:40, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 19:10, Andrew wrote:
On 21/03/2018 17:18, Max Demian wrote:

Highly relevant. Thank you. It's just rather unfortunate that BBC4 HD
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 21st 18, 10:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Crystal Palace retune confusion

On 21/03/18 19:43, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 19:18, Jeff Layman wrote:

Similar for Rowridge, which is received here with an 18-element Group A
aerial in the loft.

I just...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 21st 18, 07:18 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Crystal Palace retune confusion

On 21/03/18 09:15, Max Demian wrote:
See:
https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/freeview-changes-in-london-21st-march.html

This morning, I couldn't receive COM7 or COM8 at all, so I retuned.
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 10th 18, 10:56 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 55
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

On 10/03/18 10:27, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 09:47:21 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

What can be very annoying about that is when they...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 10th 18, 09:47 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 55
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

On 09/03/18 11:34, tim... wrote:

just down the road from me they knocked down one big house and built 3 small
ones

cos there was no space in the numbering they have called them 1, 2 & 3...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 10th 18, 09:37 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 55
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

On 09/03/18 18:00, Bill Wright wrote:

Friend of mine moved to a new development. They were told the postcode,
which was also on all the promotional material. They told everyone their
new...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 5th 18, 06:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 64
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
As planned I upgraded my TV equipment

On 05/03/18 08:36, Bill Wright wrote:
.. We watched a Moroccan HD
channel the other night, for quite a long time. I was astonished at the
picture quality during a home-grown drama. It was...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 1st 18, 03:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 78
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Maplin RIP

On 01/03/18 15:04, Scott wrote:
On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 04:58:38 -0800 (PST), MR
wrote:

First Tandy/Radio Shack, and now Maplin. Who next? Currys/PC world.

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 28th 18, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Update today - ITV3

According to A516digital, the update today was:
"Channel 788 - ITV3 (PSB2/D3&4) Duplicate of service on channel 10, but
with increased resolution."

Sorry for the ignorance, but what does this mean?...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 26th 18, 06:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
Sony Radio Repair

Well, according to the header this was in reply to a post dated 17
August 2014 with the same subject.

That post was about the Sony ICF-SW1 radio, with the usual distorted
sound problems due to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 22nd 18, 10:12 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 91
Posted By Jeff Layman[_2_]
C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

On 22/02/18 09:34, Bill Wright wrote:
Would Sky have invested so much in it if there was no
public interest?

The marketing model is to create the public interest first, then pull
the product...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500