Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Glyn Morgan
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 14th 14, 03:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Glyn Morgan
EPG & BBC

"WhinYett" wrote in message ...

I have 2 TVs completely different manufacturers. The EPG on
both frequently have no information on the 4 BBC channels.
Is this...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 23rd 13, 03:26 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Using the same channel numbers for SD and HD

"Dickie mint" wrote in message ...

Thanks, Glyn. I'll copy your reply to the guy, if that's alright? He'd
be able to read it if he knew how to find these...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 11th 13, 10:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By Glyn Morgan
No new HD services

"Max Demian" wrote in message ...

"Dickie mint" wrote in message
On 10/12/2013 17:09,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 21st 13, 05:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Inconsistent implementation of DVB T1 standard?

"Bill Wright" wrote in message ...
Thanks very much for that. I will, for one thing, pass it on to Mike Rae at
Taylors.

As an after-thought I would be...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 21st 13, 09:05 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Inconsistent implementation of DVB T1 standard?

On 19/08/2013 19:33, Bill Wright wrote:
I've been building a head end that has three DVB muxes, each carrying
four services. I tested it on a variety of TV sets and set top boxes.
The more...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 26th 12, 09:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Humax 8000

"Paul Cummins" wrote in message

Does anyone have an old Humax 8000 they are no longer using which could
be donated for an...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 20th 12, 07:47 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Freeview Program numbers did they change?

"Ian" wrote in message ...

You can change the code on the Humax remotes, so that they don't operate
both boxes.

Thanks Ian that's brilliant.

I have...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 19th 12, 08:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Freeview Program numbers did they change?

"Victor Delta" wrote in message ...

This is exactly the same message I received last Wednesday via a Humax
9200 which dates back to December 2005...!

Looking...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 19th 12, 06:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Freeview Program numbers did they change?

"Mark Carver" wrote in message ...
That doesn't look like a broadcaster MHEG caption to me, I'd say it's
generated by the Humax box based on data it's...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 19th 12, 05:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Freeview Program numbers did they change?

"David" wrote in message ...
I hate to have to do a Factory Reset as it gets rid of picture/audio etc.
setting as well.
If having difficulty with a re-scan,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 19th 12, 04:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Freeview Program numbers did they change?

"Glyn Morgan" wrote in message ...

Well, what a complete balls-up!

The TVonics box, or our 3 year old Panasonic TV, is not putting up any
re-tune prompt so...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 19th 12, 03:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Freeview Program numbers did they change?

Well, what a complete balls-up!

My Fox-T2-HDR now pops up a reminder to retune every time it is taken out
of standby or I switch channel. It is a real pain as there is only about
one channel now...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 19th 12, 06:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 66
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Old Dr Who

"Richard Russell" wrote in message news:[email protected]

You called?! The DW story in question (The Seeds of Death) was produced
in black & white, so Colour Recovery isn't...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 17th 12, 10:01 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 66
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Old Dr Who

"Gary" wrote in message ...

I have just been watching 'seeds of death'
vintage 1965.

It was a good story but so hard to watch.
Awful grainy picture. Slow pace...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 13th 11, 09:58 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Freeview HD Lip Sync suddenly going way out of sync

"Scott" wrote in message ...
So if the system is perfect how come the sound and vision are
sometimes out of sync? Are you saying it has to be a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 7th 11, 02:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Glyn Morgan
BBC DSAT Transponder Closure & Service moves

Just in case you have not already spotted this.

The BBC are planning to vacate one of their DSAT transponders which will
require a few service moves. While this should not be a problem for Sky &...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 14th 11, 08:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Glyn Morgan
Fracarro Sigma -- hype or not?

"J G Miller" wrote in message
On Thursday, July 14th, 2011 at 10:24:21h +0100, Bill Wright explained:

That would probably be the Noemi...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 10th 11, 08:02 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Glyn Morgan
BBC 1 Nations in HD from 2012

"Paul Ratcliffe" wrote in message

You must have missed the announcement that they (Siemens IT Solutions)
have been...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 9th 11, 09:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Glyn Morgan
BBC 1 Nations in HD from 2012

"J G Miller" wrote in message

But who actual owns and operates that -- the BBC or Red Bee Media?

Neither. It is owned and run by the BBC's...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 9th 11, 05:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Glyn Morgan
BBC 1 Nations in HD from 2012

"Mark Carver" wrote in message

Though there are currently three ? flavours of the DTT HD mux.

England (BBC 1 HD, BBC...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 9th 11, 04:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Glyn Morgan
BBC 1 Nations in HD from 2012

"Silk" wrote in message
There's no reason why it can't though. If you can switch in local content
onto the SD version, there's no reason...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 15th 11, 06:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Glyn Morgan
BBC HD Test CardS

"Glyn Morgan" wrote in message
I think it is what 3D looks like on a 2D TV.

See this blog entry about the BBC preparations for 3D...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 15th 11, 03:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Glyn Morgan
BBC HD Test CardS

"Graham C" wrote in message
Channel 54 are currently showing TWO squashed test cards side-by-side,
in place of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 20th 11, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By Glyn Morgan
ITV1 HD LOST

"Terry Casey" wrote in message
In message on Sun, 20 Mar 2011
16:20:31...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 20th 11, 03:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By Glyn Morgan
ITV1 HD LOST

"Mark Carver" wrote in message