Showing results 1 to 25 of 134
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Cummins[_5_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 6th 18, 12:14 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Crystal Palace Issues

In article , (tony sayer)
wrote:

Setup time for a "PTT" call was in the order of tens of
millisenconds.

Are you referring to PPT over...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 2nd 18, 12:39 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Crystal Palace Issues

In article ,
(Robin) wrote:

Do you happen to know if they've cracked the "[Don't] shoot" issue
when used in "press to talk"...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 30th 18, 09:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Crystal Palace Issues

In article , (Bill
Wright) wrote:

The CP signal will be so strong that the aerial could well be
faulty and still provide enough signal to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 4th 18, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 138
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Susceptible to anything

In article ,
() wrote:

Attempts to communicate with the makers are useless, it's like
trying to deal with Micro$oft....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 25th 18, 12:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 50
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Free Book :-)

In article ,
(Max Demian) wrote:

No, I suspect Dave meant the NAB carts that were used in
broadcasting to play...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 30th 18, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 23
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Always check the cables.....

In article ,
(Chris Holmes) wrote:

We recently had a coax outlet installed _Professionally_

We had that once - worse cable...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 28th 18, 12:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 32
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
How to identify a good (low-loss) aerial lead

In article ,
(NY) wrote:

Obviously that cable is a load of crap. But how do you identify a
good low-loss cable that doesn't...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 27th 17, 10:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 110
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
OT question

In article , (Bill
Wright) wrote:

I had an RI teacher like that. My awkward questions were met by him
making me stand in the corridor.

I was...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 24th 17, 10:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 106
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
OT Is it me?

In article , (Bill
Wright) wrote:

Anyway, what is a child?

Someone below the age of consent

No, a child is defined in law:

The Children...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 27th 17, 12:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 129
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
2018 Q1 700 MHz Clearance details

In article , (Bill
Wright) wrote:

Other than that, no !** BBC 2 CP remained on Ch 33 at CP from 1964
until 2012

I've often...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 19th 17, 10:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 132
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
FM stereo tuners - Xpost (OTish)

In article , (Bill
Wright) wrote:

It was always known that the presence of a DAB transmitter that
didn't include the BBC national SFN would...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 30th 17, 11:43 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 83
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Duty cycle and transmitters

In article ,
(NY) wrote:

I'm not sure whether 405-line sound
was AM or FM.

405 sound was AM.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 1st 17, 09:56 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

In article ,
(Ian Jackson) wrote:

How many Brits know how to get from Luik to Anvers?

E313, IIRC.

--
Paul Cummins - Always...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 8th 17, 06:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

In article ,
(Mark Carver) wrote:

My dad took me with him to see it at the cinema, not long after
release. I was only 6 or 7. I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 27th 17, 05:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Parry People Mover

In article ,
(Brian Gaff) wrote:

Was anything ever invented in Rutland?

Resevoirs?

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth...

In article ,
(Robin) wrote:

The chimes are live for the six o'clock news and the midnight news.

Funny, there's always a siren in...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 4th 17, 12:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 47
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Adverts click and collect etc

In article ,
(Indy Jess John) wrote:

Switched brand and 8.5 fit well.

I always used to buy size 9.5 shoes.
Nowadays I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 3rd 17, 06:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Lower frequency usage

In article ,
(Brian Gaff) wrote:

How is it that we do not use the lower frequencies we used to use
for tv, for tv again?

Band 1 has...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 13th 17, 12:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
why 12V?

In article ,
() wrote:

In the end ISTR that the coverage was less successful than hoped
with the signal only really being...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 10th 17, 06:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
why 12V?

In article ,
(Paul Ratcliffe) wrote:

Maybe I'm applying too much numerical OCD to it, in thinking that
if you have
a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 8th 17, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
terrible confusion

In article ,
(R. Mark Clayton) wrote:

They weren't just a story - my parents bought a Bush TV supposedly
ready for...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 8th 17, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 435
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
why 12V?

In article , (Bill
Wright) wrote:

So many things run on 12V DC. Firstly, why has that become the
standard? Is it all because of the nominal...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 8th 17, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 87
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Sky doing away with dishes??

In article ,
(Indy Jess John) wrote:

While on the subject of Chinese, there used to be a Chinese
take-away on the Whitechapel...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 8th 17, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 87
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Sky doing away with dishes??

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

Reminds me of the old joke of which this is one variant:

Why are there no telephones in China?

There...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 7th 17, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 87
Posted By Paul Cummins[_5_]
Sky doing away with dishes??

In article ,
(Martin) wrote:

Not forgetting Onan/Cummins, which is not located in Onancock Va.

However, there is Commins Coch in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 134