Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Clive Page[_4_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 12th 18, 04:06 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
satellite navigation

On 06/04/2018 12:54, Davey wrote:
I have never, and will never, own a TomTom.

I have owned two TomToms - first was good but could only use a 2GB SD card, so eventually map updates became too large...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 16th 18, 10:34 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 108
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Weather warnings

On 16/03/2018 19:49, Peter Duncanson wrote:

The weather is coming from Siberia (in Russia). Perhaps the shape is a
message from President Putin.

It's obvious, isn't it? After his success...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 12th 18, 04:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 64
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
As planned I upgraded my TV equipment

On 12/03/2018 10:37, Martin wrote:

A lot is recorded "just in case it is worth watching"

Indeed. I think of it this way - one of the benefits of owning a recorder is that you can get a machine...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 6th 18, 08:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 78
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Maplin RIP

On 06/03/2018 10:44, NY wrote:

Foyle's system was spectacularly inefficient in that you had to take each book to the correct departmental desk, get a chit, take all those to the cash desk and then...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 6th 18, 09:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 64
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
As planned I upgraded my TV equipment

On 05/03/2018 08:36, Bill Wright wrote:
I bought a Humax FVP-5000T 1TB receiver and because I'm incapacitated Paul installed it for me. This was three days ago and so far I'm very impressed by the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 18th 18, 09:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Global positioning

On 17/02/2018 20:30, Bill Wright wrote:
On 17/02/2018 14:47, Clive Page wrote:

*Brexit-supporters are mostly techno-phobes

Can you support that statement in any valid way?

No. It was...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 18, 01:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Global positioning

On 17/02/2018 10:45, Roderick Stewart wrote:
Your satnav device probably contains not only a history of where it's
been, but a list of memorised locations so you can easily program them
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 18, 01:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Global positioning

On 16/02/2018 17:01, Jim Lesurf wrote:
As for the fusion timescale, we're winning if it now down to 20 years away!
It always used to be 50 years away. :-)

It's now likely to be even further away...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 16th 18, 03:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Global positioning

On 15/02/2018 21:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
is it me or have people nowadays simply got no technical knowledge of how
stuff works or how it does not work?
When I was young I always tried to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 7th 18, 02:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
iPlayer needs an aerial?

On 04/01/2018 17:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Today we had a customer who said that iPlayer wouldn't work on his Polaroid TV without an aerial being connected. Sceptical, we tried ourselves. He was...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 17th 17, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
phone scam involving television service

We get junk calls on our landline every day or so. Mildly annoying but not yet enough to actually spend money on trying to thwart them. In the past they have usually been from "Microsoft Security...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 8th 17, 10:28 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Pontop Pike

On 08/12/2017 03:27, Bill Wright wrote:
Most people who use Sky also have an aerial, so they have an alternative.

Or perhaps because it will cost money to have an unused aerial taken down, and...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 22nd 17, 08:49 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 25
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
My5 awful to use

On 21/11/2017 20:19, Johnny B Good wrote:

Those "Catch Up" websites are merely another revenue stream as far as
all those commercial broadcasters are concerned. Once you've sampled just
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 21st 17, 11:06 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 25
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
My5 awful to use

We missed an episode of a series on Channel 5 so last night tried to use the "catch up" service called My5. It was just awful.

It took a lot of hassle to get it started at all (accepting 3rd party...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 30th 17, 09:36 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 83
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Duty cycle and transmitters

On 30/09/2017 09:46, Brian Gaff wrote:
I was pondering something the other day about the use of bandwidth and how
hard the transmitters had to work.

I'm sure you are right, they must be near...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 17th 17, 09:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
bbc inacuracies

On 17/09/2017 09:46, Brian Gaff wrote:
I just wonder why they do not actually get an expert in for news reports
when they are writing them. They did correct it afterwards, but really
shoddy...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 31st 17, 09:03 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.satellite.tv.europe
Replies: 365
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
BBC News Blunder

A more serious and puzzling question is: how did this utterly mundane story get into the BBC in the first place? Don't people in remote areas routinely use satellites to get Internet?

Some...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 15th 16, 10:31 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
The moon

On 15/11/2016 08:52, Chris Hogg wrote:

or maybe the election of the Trump.

Lunatics aren't called lunatics for no reason!

And the Brexit vote was only a couple of days after the June full...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 10th 16, 08:44 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Can we now have some normal news?

On 09/11/2016 17:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
This Us Election stuff is worse than football for pundits who have no clue
why everyone voted in a bombastic awkward bigoted idiot into the white
House,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 10th 16, 11:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 35
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
classical music TV channel

On 10/08/2016 09:43, charles wrote:
Why do you need to "see" classical music? Music is for the ears and Radio
3 provides this very well.

I agree, mostly. But, my wife from time to time...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 28th 16, 08:56 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
Who comes up with the part numbers for things?

On 27/07/2016 17:31, wrote:
And an equally imaginary UE47F5500B can be sold by Currys or Bright House as an 'exclusive' at £300 more than the base model and be excluded...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 29th 16, 06:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
iPlayer no longer supported from September

On 21/05/2016 12:22, David wrote:
My Humax FoxSatHD-G popped up a warning the other day about iPlayer not
being supported from this September.

I've got exactly the same problem with our TV, a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 25th 16, 09:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
For Brian G

Interesting. Perhaps the key sequence would be better described as
Alt(V,R) as you have to keep the Alt key depressed while pressing the
V and R keys separately, otherwise it seems to see Alt R...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 24th 16, 09:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
For Brian G

On 22/03/2016 08:50, Brian Gaff wrote:

If this
little icon is definitely there it should be described in some way, but I've
heard nothing that could be it myself. Can it be tabbed to without...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 21st 16, 10:37 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Clive Page[_4_]
For Brian G

On 21/03/2016 10:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
There needs to be some more awareness for programmers of what makes a good
all round accessible program, and there needs to be international standards
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72