Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pinnerite
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 5th 18, 08:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By pinnerite
satellite navigation

Until July I ran a 15 year old S-Type Jaguar. It's satnav was considerably
out of date. When I checked with Jaguar they wanted £150 for a new disc.

A couple of years later I found a site that did...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 5th 18, 08:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By pinnerite
Crystal Palace Issues

Following this thread and checking elsewhere I realised that I would have to
bite the bullet.

We are 30 km from Crystal Palace and 225 ft above sea level according the
Ordnance survey map I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 18, 02:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By pinnerite
Crystal Palace Issues

Andy Burns wrote:

John wrote:

London has had its channels in Group A for years and years, there
must be a very good reason for shoving them outside of Group A
Most of the rest of the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 26th 18, 11:05 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By pinnerite
BBC News CHannel 107

This morning I tried to view HD channels 107 (BBC News) and 108 (Al Jazeera)
Both were breaking up. This is from Crystal Palace.

Lots of complaint messages from others but I couldn't find an...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 27th 18, 12:34 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By pinnerite
Sudden expenditure

Davey wrote:

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:44:35 -0000
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote:

Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 09:29:59 +0000 (GMT), Jim...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 18, 09:01 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 43
Posted By pinnerite
New technologies?

Right now we have a mix of standard definition (SD) and high definition
(HD). Currently marketed are 4K televisions with amazing images.

We can stream 4K from commercial sources provided we are...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 30th 17, 05:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By pinnerite
Neff Oven

Pinnerite wrote:

Pinnerite wrote:

My wife has two matching ovens stacked one above t'other.
Last week the upper one went 'bang' and took out the circuit breaker.
Restored, that oven...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 22nd 17, 09:29 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By pinnerite
Neff Oven

Pinnerite wrote:

My wife has two matching ovens stacked one above t'other.
Last week the upper one went 'bang' and took out the circuit breaker.
Restored, that oven appears dead as the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 19th 17, 06:38 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By pinnerite
Neff Oven

My wife has two matching ovens stacked one above t'other.
Last week the upper one went 'bang' and took out the circuit breaker.
Restored, that oven appears dead as the proverbial Dodo.

I checked...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 5th 17, 08:24 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By pinnerite
Blue Planet II Comes To iPlayer In 4K HDR

Java Jive wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42225220

"The BBC's Blue Planet II programme is to become its first TV series to
be made available in 4K resolution and high dynamic...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 8th 17, 02:06 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By pinnerite
[OT] The Last Post

Martin wrote:

On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 08:30:56 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I was not going to respond public to this, but sometimes I find that the
UK makes 'worthy'...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 7th 17, 06:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By pinnerite
[OT] The Last Post

I have just watched my recording of Sunday's broadcast of The Last Post.I
think it ranks with the very best of British TV drama. I was completely
gripped.

Drama is what the BBC does best.

--...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 13th 17, 07:37 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By pinnerite
[OT] LED polarity etc

David Woolley wrote:

On 11/10/17 22:04, Pinnerite wrote:
We use to use lead/tin solder but it appears 'elf-n-safety abolished
that.

It's easy to get tin/lead solder
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 11th 17, 09:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By pinnerite
[OT] LED polarity etc

It is not often that I point a soldering iron at anything but I wanted to
add a switch and an LED to a battery powered function generator about the
size of a fat credit card.

I decided a strip of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 9th 17, 09:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By pinnerite
SEVEN - ITV4

Davey wrote:

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:56:46 +0100
"NY" wrote:

It will be interesting to see what actually *does* get broadcast!
Remember if you are wanting Se7en, you may...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 8th 17, 02:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By pinnerite
SEVEN - ITV4

According to The Sunday Times Culture's TV listings, the film 'Seven' is due
to be broadcast on ITV4 at 10 pm on Monday 9 October and at 11:20 pm on the
same channel (24) on 14 October.

Neither...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 5th 17, 08:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By pinnerite
[OT] Dual-Gang switched 13A + USB sockets

I need to partially rewire my apartment. I am tempted to replace some old
double-switched sockets with those that incorporate USB sockets.

Some are described as Switched USB Socket 13A 2-gang + 2...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 21st 17, 01:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By pinnerite
Cold reboot needed for TV

On 2017-08-18, Jeff Layman wrote:
Yesterday, as on many previous occasions, I got a YouTube video on my
Panasonic TX-55CX680B "Smart" TV for my...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 13th 17, 09:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By pinnerite
ITV Newsroom background

Brian-Gaff wrote:

Yes its just production values really its cheap to do and so its done.

Brian

The recent furore about Dr Who made me recall with nostalgia the days when
the scenery...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 2nd 17, 03:24 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By pinnerite
IOT] Bostik No,. 2

Martin wrote:

On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 08:16:44 +0100, Pinnerite wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Pinnerite wrote:

Pinnerite wrote:
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 2nd 17, 07:16 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By pinnerite
IOT] Bostik No,. 2

Andy Burns wrote:

Pinnerite wrote:

Pinnerite wrote:

I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 1st 17, 12:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By pinnerite
IOT] Bostik No,. 2

Pinnerite wrote:

I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of
Bostik number 2, kept in a garage...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 31st 17, 03:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By pinnerite
IOT] Bostik No,. 2

I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After
scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of Bostik
number 2, kept in a garage drawer.

I recovered it, a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 30th 17, 02:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By pinnerite
Dropout on digital audio

Jim Lesurf wrote:

In article , Pinnerite
wrote:
I live in the North London area. I run Kaffeine 1.3-git on my computer.
SD Television...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 29th 17, 08:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By pinnerite
Dropout on digital audio