Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 3.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Microwave
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) June 5th 05, 07:08 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 2
Posted By Microwave
OLD HARDWARE question ATI 3D Xpression + PC2TV (PCI) and TVTUNER (ISA)

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 03:08:10 GMT
PosterGuy wrote:

As the title says I have some old hardware ATI "3D Xpression + PC2TV" (PCI)
and ATI "TV-TUNER" (ISA) and I want to be able...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) May 28th 05, 06:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 1
Posted By Microwave
Okay what about the Fusion FVRT100?

Local Currys has them on offer atm, half what the Topfield (the one I'd love) costs, though only
40gigs, but what the hey it's only for the bedroom. Wonder if the HD is upgradeable....

Are the noise...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) May 11th 05, 02:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 11
Posted By Microwave
What's the consensus on the Humax 8000T?

wrote:
Microwave wrote:

Scam^n are doing them dead cheap -- 139 inc VAT -- it'd be nice to

have a cheap and cheerful pvr

in the bedroom so I can be watch stuff...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) May 7th 05, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 11
Posted By Microwave
What's the consensus on the Humax 8000T?

On Thu, 5 May 2005 23:44:07 +0100
"Dave Walker" wrote:

139 is not 'dead' cheap. mine was same price from Currys high st several
months ago.
Its not such a joy to...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) May 5th 05, 06:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 11
Posted By Microwave
What's the consensus on the Humax 8000T?

Scam^n are doing them dead cheap -- 139 inc VAT -- it'd be nice to have a cheap and cheerful pvr
in the bedroom so I can be watch stuff while the housemate is watching the TiVo (it's his
anyway).
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) April 1st 05, 01:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 7
Posted By Microwave
Want to spend money on PVR

[email protected] wrote:

It's already come. The first units started to arrive yesterday. Early
reviews are mixed. Mixed enough for me to want to wait for a while
before I order.

Lee.
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 30th 05, 10:19 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 8
Posted By Microwave
Digifusion FVRT150

Tony Brett wrote:

unwatchable.

That's exactly what I see. How did you cure it?

Tony

I started using the Hauppauge Dec2000 tuner I bought for my pc (It can
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 30th 05, 08:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 8
Posted By Microwave
Digifusion FVRT150

Tony Brett wrote:

Hmm - was it also on the ITV/Ch4 mux? It looks like that mux comes on ch 22
from Crystal Palace - euqally near the (other) end of the frequency range.

Tony

Yes....
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 30th 05, 07:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 8
Posted By Microwave
Digifusion FVRT150

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:51:40 +0100
"Tony Brett" wrote:

Got this yesterday and am generally impressed.

It has a problem with the ITV/CH4 Mux - there is...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 26th 05, 10:06 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 1
Posted By Microwave
Any ReplayTV being used in the UK

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:52:48 -0700
Arawak wrote:

Just wondered if ReplayTV is available in the UK so I can exchange
local shows with users.
Cheers,
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 14th 05, 05:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 21
Posted By Microwave
edit facilities

Jomtien wrote:

Insipid flamebait snipped

Please don't feed the trolls.
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 11th 05, 02:34 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 7
Posted By Microwave
Windows MCE and Sky (uk)

Stephen Neal wrote:
"microwave" wrote in message

Haven't seen mention of it working in MCE. It has to have...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 11th 05, 05:40 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 7
Posted By Microwave
Windows MCE and Sky (uk)

Ancipital wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:15:50 +0000, Andrew wrote:

Promble? That is a great word looking for a definition ;-)

Sorry, it's a common typo for "problem" used in Another...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 11th 05, 05:36 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 7
Posted By Microwave
Windows MCE and Sky (uk)

Stephen Neal wrote:

so?

Yes it is, and none really. You are limited to a PAL composite or PAL
S-video link to your PC though as MCE has no supported RGB analogue capture
cards. For...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 7th 05, 12:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 0
Posted By Microwave
LinuxTV

I just read a small blurb on the LinuxTV project being implemented into
kernel version 2.6.11

Supported hardwa
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_Card_Vendors

Supported softwa
*...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 4th 05, 10:01 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 13
Posted By Microwave
Apple to buyout Tivo ???

Ancipital wrote:

Ah bum. Oh well, I'll assume that NetBSD runs passably, since that seems
to be useable on almost anything..

I am curious, if it wouldn't be much trouble. I have not...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 3rd 05, 02:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 13
Posted By Microwave
Apple to buyout Tivo ???

Ancipital wrote:

the GTK Firefox to compile yet
and some very strange Xfree86 4.4 bugs.

Yes, I think I have a couple of free dual G4s on the way from someone who
is replacing a...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 1st 05, 01:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 13
Posted By Microwave
Apple to buyout Tivo ???

Ancipital wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:44:10 +0000, microwave wrote:

(even if it *does* suck, the response is tedious and oh-so-predictable)

It can be quite tedious to hear...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) February 28th 05, 05:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 13
Posted By Microwave
Apple to buyout Tivo ???

Ancipital wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:22:21 +0000, Meng wrote:

maybe they will become available, but at twice the price of other PVRs
but with only half the speed. :)

Har...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) February 24th 05, 10:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 4
Posted By Microwave
twin tuner PVR with useful API and USB socket

Ancipital wrote:
http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=192899&page=1&pp=25

(potted factiods courtesy of a colleague, cut and pasted from his email)

Looks intriguing,...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 23rd 05, 10:48 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 7
Posted By Microwave
Mac Mini

These look rather intriguing:

http://www.focusinfo.com/products/tview_gold/tview_gold.htm
http://www.startech.com/ststore/ItemDetail.cfm?ProductID=VGA2NTSCPRO&tab=g
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 23rd 05, 08:48 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 7
Posted By Microwave
Mac Mini

Well I've never seen a radeon mac edition not be able to drive an Apple
Cinema Display at native resolution, but haven't dealt with a DVI ACD
yet.

9200 specs say:

Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 17th 05, 08:08 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 7
Posted By Microwave
Mac Mini

There's a third party software to use WinTV Nova USB on a mac
http://www.defyne.org/dvb/

....and there's http://tinyurl.com/6yqk4, no analogue-signal encoding
malarky.
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 7th 05, 06:34 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 11
Posted By Microwave
looking at PVRs

The only way to do it is with a DTT tuner for your pc, and some
knees-bent hacking behaviour. Check this thread for some clues.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=761&page=2

I was...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) September 22nd 04, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 28
Posted By Microwave
Fingers Crossed (Pace Twin)

Anuk Su Namun wrote:
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:19:12 GMT, "Microwave"

How is a that a software problem?

Oh wait, my PC disc failed the other month. I must complain...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75