Showing results 1 to 25 of 487
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian-Gaff
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 15th 18, 01:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian-Gaff
iPlayer downloads now only being offered in sd1?

Who says that it was not meant to allow hd downloads though,. For some time
high quality downloads of audio have been available, have they stopped as
well, or are you saying that the good spec was...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 03:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Brian-Gaff
The Great DVB-T switch off?

Yes which is why I'm a bit annoyed that after digitalisation they seem to
have conveniently forgotten blind users and we will have to buy a tv even if
we don't need the picture at all or buy some...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 11th 18, 02:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 15
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Paranoia or real effect?

This is Kingston upon Thames.
However, I wondered if maybe its possible to somehow tune into the channel
on a scanner and listen for the usual flutter on the signal as its really
just multipath...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 18, 08:29 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Global positioning

Exactly besides the concept of the way it works does not need a detailed
insight at all. It is in the end using data and changing it according to
some rules or instructions based on the data...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 18, 01:39 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian-Gaff
News11?

Because its there I suspect.
lets have the test card back with background music then and the tone, need
that too.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
Remember, if you...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 20th 18, 02:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Brian-Gaff
OT(ish) - mobile taking over TV frequencies

Well I'm sure there are repeaters you used to be able to get, but of course
the networks guard their systems well and no doubt if every tom dick or
harry built a two way repeater system the effect...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 20th 18, 02:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Goats.

Snails, by express delivery.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
"Indy Jess...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 30th 17, 06:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Does any hardware still allow playing of CD video?

Hmm, all the pcs here say is that it is a standard CD with two tracks and it
cannot find it in cddb online.
The huge lump of video is not seen. If you throw it into a Pioneer
laserdisc machine a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 24th 17, 02:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Star Wars Rogue 1 - pricing on Amazon

My speakers arrived silently in the dead of night this evening.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 16th 17, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Samsung Smart TVs and Android

And they talk as well, what more could you want?

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 4th 17, 05:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 54
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Croydon

Yes judging by what happened under just moderate Tropo conditions this last
week, I have severe doubts things will go on working reliably.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 15th 17, 08:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Singapore F1 1st Practice - strange problem with recording

Maybe it was being done with one of them Lemon Powered clocks?
Hides behind sofa.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 10th 17, 01:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Advice requested: TV signal strength meter

These days it seems mor to be the quality and lack of interference that
matters to receivers.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
Remember, if you don't like where I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 10th 17, 01:00 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian-Gaff
10s delay on Gt. North Run

Maybe so, but seems to me that I've heard longer delays over the internet
between one computer and another supposedly on the same stream live.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 2nd 17, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

So the term social housing really means council house or council flat,
nowadays often run by a so called non profit enterprise who could not run a
**** up in a brewery.

From the Sofa of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 2nd 17, 07:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

Somebody offered me a redundant one, but since its totally inaccessible I
declined.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 12th 17, 03:07 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian-Gaff
My set top box says channels change on 16 aug.

Hopefully this will get rid of all those left overs from the main change and
I can retune and get my 800 channels back in the right place.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 12th 17, 03:05 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian-Gaff
ITV Newsroom background

Yes its just production values really its cheap to do and so its done.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 12th 17, 03:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian-Gaff
ITV Newsroom background

Perhaps they have sacked all their scenery painters.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 21st 17, 03:19 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 36
Posted By Brian-Gaff
tv aerial masts

I think we would need much more details about your location to answer this
question.
What do the neighbours do? You can often get a good idea from that.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 15th 17, 05:53 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Brian-Gaff
John Deer tractors

I heard an interesting world service item last night. It appears that many
us tractor makers are protecting their tractors from home repairers. Most of
the farmers have been used to just fixing the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 30th 17, 03:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian-Gaff
Aerial riggers I have known. Part One: Jimmy

There was one around here in the late 70s who we called the crusher. Every
aerial he installed used very thin walled ally masts and it was crushed by
the clamp resulting in the next high wind...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 14th 17, 09:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By Brian-Gaff
This 'new channels' game

The idea sounds OK but the problem is that adverts very seldom work any more
so I see a crash not very far into the future when advertisers realise the
goose that laid the Golden Egg has been...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 30th 17, 04:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 62
Posted By Brian-Gaff
TV socket charge up

I was plugging the aerial back in the back of a reasonably modern telly last
week and got a bit of a shock, well quite a big one actually off the socket
and the plug. the plug goes straight to an...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 18th 17, 04:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 40
Posted By Brian-Gaff
TV system conversion

Yes those first moon pictures were only sent at a low frame rate, and the
way we all saw it was a long persistence phosphor tube and a camera pointing
at it. the more recent re mastering of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 487