Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 9th 07, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 85
Posted By Bob
House of Horrors

Prometheus wrote in message ...

However the purpose of the fuse is to protect the cable to the
device not the device.

I thought it was to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 22nd 07, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
BT Vision of Hell

See:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/113688/my-bt-vision-of-hell.html
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 16th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob
Topfield TF5800 OTA update

Nigel Whitfield wrote:
For those who haven't noticed it, the OTA broadcast of firmware
5.13.40 began this morning, and will continue until the 19th.

I read in The Guardian recently that the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 14th 06, 10:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob
Freeview HD channels

Andy Burns wrote:
no HD Ready TV or Freeview box currently on sale can decode HD-DTT

OFCOM have not yet decided if HD-DTT will even go-ahead,
let alone announced the necessary technical...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 4th 06, 10:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Bob
Cumbria going DTT only a year earlier than planned

Peter wrote:
What is not generally reported is that BBC 2 analogue still continues from
that transmitter, as the digital version of BBC 2 in Wales, BBC2W,
displaces
too many peak time BBC 2...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 2nd 06, 09:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Bob
Cumbria going DTT only a year earlier than planned

Colin wrote:
The local newspaper just anounced that analogue switch off
has been delayed until 2009 for the Caldbeck transmitter.

AIUI this is the sequence of the first switch-offs,
(extrapolated...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 17th 06, 04:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 39
BBC
Posted By Bob
BBC

Ian Jackson wrote:
When I keep an ongoing file of paper documents, I don't remove all the
existing documents each time I want to add the latest document.
This is simply added to the top.

Call me...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 30th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob
Northampton NN2

Paul Humphreys asked:
Does anyone know when this area, Northampton NN2
is likely to get the freeview service?

Each region has different analogue-to-digital switchover dates,
but in your area these...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 10th 06, 09:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob
Which STB for weaker ch55 mux?

Ian Jackson wrote:
'wave the aerial around' a bit (if you get what I mean)
to try and bring up the weak signal

Wasn't that (IIRC) how Rod Hull met his end ?
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 7th 05, 09:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Bob
Sky Installation

Adrian suggested:
buy a second hand box and have a dish installed,
then pay 20 for a card.

Where do you get the card from ?

BTW No fixed line phone at the flat
(students with mobiles only)