Showing results 1 to 25 of 350
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David[_9_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 23rd 15, 11:37 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 8
Posted By David[_9_]
Freeview 131 BBC Parlement

Sound now that 130, 131 and 132 all giving same speech of the Liberal Leader
Regards
David

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 23rd 15, 11:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 8
Posted By David[_9_]
Freeview 131 BBC Parlement

Emley Moor no sound.
Regards
David
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 22nd 15, 07:48 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 118
Posted By David[_9_]
Do we need Freeview?

We like the PLAY program that appears on TBNuk with contemporary Christian
music on Freeview 65, sometimes even features songs from the Church I
attend.
Saw back of my head on there last night...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 21st 15, 06:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 118
Posted By David[_9_]
Do we need Freeview?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/sep/20/freeview-play-digital-uk-tv-aerials

Says Freeview nearly failed if they had or did in the future would our TV go
off?

Regards
David
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 19th 15, 05:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By David[_9_]
Why is it...

In my experience TV settings include one as to how long these indicators
remain visible before fading.
Regards
David

"Robin" wrote in message ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 19th 15, 07:56 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By David[_9_]
First 8K TV screen to go on sale

Wonder if these panels in larger form will start to be put in cinemas?

Can't see the point for use at home I'm disappointed with the TV stations
lack in HD and never any in UHD.

Sharp Tv sets...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 10th 15, 06:06 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By David[_9_]
Dr Foster BBC1

Could you follow the dialog?
We had difficulty in parts,
Regards
David
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 5th 15, 06:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By David[_9_]
Wales can do it why not in Yorkshire

Well then we might qualify when this new devolved area with Local Mayor
which the local councils are talking to George Osboune happens.
Hopefully get rid of the horrible red caption.
As I've said...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 5th 15, 06:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By David[_9_]
Wales can do it why not in Yorkshire

Can never understand the BBC and how they decide things.
Been on holiday in Wales in my caravan with a HD TV set, 101 was BBC1 HD and
watched the 6pm evening news and at 6:30 expected the program to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 2nd 15, 12:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 156
Posted By David[_9_]
4k TV on Freesat or Freeview?

Hi
I thought 4K TV was being supplied via the internet.

Regards
David
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 1st 15, 06:45 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By David[_9_]
OT. Qu. to those using Windows 10

Hi
Glad you got it working on your older computer and got drivers for the
graphic card.
With desktop towers one can always change graphic cards but mine is a
Notebook and can't change it if I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 1st 15, 04:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By David[_9_]
OT. Qu. to those using Windows 10

Thanks for the info. WLM works. Had hoped there might have been a new
simpler mail reader.

I'm only intending to upgrade one of our notebooks which is our only Windows
8/8.1 computer as I do not...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 1st 15, 03:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By David[_9_]
OT. Qu. to those using Windows 10

I use Windows Live Mail for getting my Mail from the GMail servers and also
NewsGroups.

Qu can you confirm these will run on Windows 10?

Does Windows 10 have a new program for doing Mail and does...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 31st 15, 08:34 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 10
Posted By David[_9_]
Freeview updates do annoy me.

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message

It's not fair, I never get to see these annoying demands, my kit just
silently adds new channels...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 28th 15, 11:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 10
Posted By David[_9_]
Freeview updates do annoy me.

Got messages on Freeview box and TV set today saying "New Service Added" or
"please re-scan"
I find it annoying that Freeview send no message to just what they have
done.
It could be just another...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 25th 15, 04:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By David[_9_]
OT, Periscope TV

A person I "Follow" on Twitter is now using something called Periscope TV on
her Mobile and it comes up on her Twitter as a video recording.
It is obvious that people were viewing live and...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 23rd 15, 09:55 AM Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By David[_9_]
Red buuton advert BBC R2 today

I'm after the Text to read news and weather, do not know it's name it's the
Text that replaced Ceefax.
Regards
David

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 22nd 15, 09:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By David[_9_]
Red buuton advert BBC R2 today

Thanks for confirmation your Samsung is the same, seems the BBC News isn't
working correctly assuming the promo was right.
Regards
David

"Mark Undrill" wrote in message...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 21st 15, 05:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By David[_9_]
Red buuton advert BBC R2 today

This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED button on
any BBC TV program.
The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red button
does nothing.
Was the BBC...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 19th 15, 02:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By David[_9_]
4OD(All4)?

My Samsung Smart TV gets All4 for passed CH4 programs.
Regards
David
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 12th 15, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By David[_9_]
Question about levels.

On Freeview TV HD is not as loud as SD
Regards
David
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 7th 15, 05:53 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 62
Posted By David[_9_]
tv coax plugs

I think the real choice is the solder type for the central conductor or the
ones that have a screw to hold it rather than solder.
Of course in practice I guess most in use are solder type but not...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 7th 15, 11:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By David[_9_]
Dolby Digital sound on BBC.

When watching BBC HD on rare occasions the program will have Dolby Digital
sound I wonder if it is a cost thing, however I've noticed the Tennis has
DD.
I thought DD was used in movies to improve...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 24th 15, 08:25 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By David[_9_]
Mad aerial question

Satellite dish should have a Matt finish, gloss reflects sun UV towards LNB.
Regards
David

"charles" wrote in message

In article...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 22nd 15, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By David[_9_]
confused about multiplexes

With the cessation of the higher numbered channels for TV use are the
wideband aerials now less wide?
If yes how do we tell we buying the new one and not old stock?
Regards
David

"Andy Wade" ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 350