Showing results 1 to 25 of 379
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vir Campestris
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 13th 18, 08:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Vir Campestris
HD Recorder Advice Please

On 10/04/2018 21:21, Andy Burns wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

I thought recording in hd was prohibuted somehow in the hdmi specs.

There's some quite...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 08:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Vir Campestris
HD Recorder Advice Please

On 10/04/2018 18:48, Brian Gaff wrote:
I thought recording in hd was prohibuted somehow in the hdmi specs.

Bang on.

There's some quite sophisticated encryption going on in the HDMI chain.
It's...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 8th 18, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Vir Campestris
The Great DVB-T switch off?

On 07/04/2018 19:31, NY wrote:

If existing equipment could be made to work with a firmware update, that
would be great, but for most people, they will need a completely new TV
(including...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 29th 18, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Vir Campestris
from another group

On 23/03/2018 10:06, NY wrote:

Vertically-mounted CD drives are about as useful as chocolate teapots.
I've seen some drives with little lugs around the perimeter of the disc
recess in the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 29th 18, 08:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Vir Campestris
from another group

On 22/03/2018 14:36, Chris Green wrote:
So minis from 1964 were hydrolastic.

My 1976 mini was rubber.

Andy
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 18th 18, 08:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 108
Posted By Vir Campestris
Weather warnings

On 18/03/2018 12:14, Woody wrote:
Black=0
Brown=1
Red=2
Orange=3
Yellow=4
Blue=5
Green=6
Violet=7
Grey=8
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 18th 18, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 108
Posted By Vir Campestris
Weather warnings

On 16/03/2018 22:55, Max Demian wrote:
On 16/03/2018 21:51, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 16/03/2018 17:00, Chris Green wrote:
I agree, I hadn't even realised until recently that there were...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 18th 18, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 108
Posted By Vir Campestris
Weather warnings

On 17/03/2018 11:38, NY wrote:

"Fuel pump", "battery" and "oil can" icons on car dashboards are fine:
they are readily understood as fuel level, ignition/alternator, oil
pressure. But...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 16th 18, 08:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 108
Posted By Vir Campestris
Weather warnings

On 16/03/2018 17:00, Chris Green wrote:
I agree, I hadn't even realised until recently that there were two
different levels called yellow and amber. Traffic light middle light
is called both...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 16th 18, 08:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Vir Campestris
Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions Again? This Device AllowsYou To Watch Anything For Free!

On 16/03/2018 17:55, Graham. wrote:
Perhaps you should have included some medieval Latin.
Magna Carta (Did she die in vain?)
Tempus Fugit,
Habius corpus,

or even Caveat emptor.

You...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 14th 18, 08:52 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 15
Posted By Vir Campestris
Paranoia or real effect?

On 12/03/2018 22:52, Java Jive wrote:
On 12/03/2018 21:23, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 11/03/2018 16:55, Jim Lesurf wrote:

I was wondering about the doppler from the plane's...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 12th 18, 08:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 15
Posted By Vir Campestris
Paranoia or real effect?

On 11/03/2018 16:55, Jim Lesurf wrote:
I was wondering about the doppler from the plane's velocity. But you remind
me that the fan blades might also generate quite a lot of doppler on the
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 11th 18, 07:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By Vir Campestris
Upgrading Tivo to VM 6 box

On 08/03/2018 23:06, Indy Jess John wrote:
I haven't tried it myself (because I have never had a Tivo), but hard
drives are either IDE (connected by a ribbon cable) or SATA (connected
by a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 5th 18, 07:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Vir Campestris
Oh well, can't do this anymore ...

On 05/03/2018 20:13, Max Demian wrote:

Shouldn't that be Toys Я Us? (Though that might not come out.)

It did. But I'm just astonished you could be bothered.

Andy
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 20th 18, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 50
Posted By Vir Campestris
Free Book :-)

On 20/02/2018 15:52, Dave W wrote:
On 20/02/2018 09:33, Jim Lesurf wrote:
Just to let people know that I have now made freely available a PDF
version
of the book I wrote mumble years ago...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 20th 18, 08:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 91
Posted By Vir Campestris
C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

On 20/02/2018 20:33, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 20:31:06 UTC, wrote:
On 20/02/2018 20:10, tim... wrote:

manually tuning to a channel just to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 19th 18, 08:52 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Vir Campestris
Nuclear fuel (was Global positioning)

On 18/02/2018 22:59, Java Jive wrote:
http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/nuclear-fuel-cycle/uranium-resources/uranium-markets.aspx

Second link is the one* -* although the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 18th 18, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Vir Campestris
Global positioning

On 17/02/2018 23:08, Java Jive wrote:
On 17/02/2018 18:08, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 16/02/2018 21:38, Java Jive wrote:

Strategically speaking, it's not viable for this country,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 18, 05:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Vir Campestris
Global positioning

On 17/02/2018 08:42, charles wrote:
example: Sortly before Christmas, my not-quite-5-year-old grandson was
taken to a woodland park which had been "decorated" for Christmas. At one
point there...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 18, 05:08 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Vir Campestris
Global positioning

On 16/02/2018 21:38, Java Jive wrote:

Strategically speaking, it's not viable for this country, because we
have no indigenous sources of fuel.* I suggest that you go and look up
how much...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 29th 18, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 32
Posted By Vir Campestris
How to identify a good (low-loss) aerial lead

On 28/01/2018 21:48, NY wrote:
And I'll get a good 3-way splitter so I can feed my PC's two tuners as
well as the TV; that's a much better solution that buying a second 2-way
splitter and...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 25th 18, 05:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 69
Posted By Vir Campestris
Problems today with muxes 7 and 8

On 25/01/2018 17:53, Bill Wright wrote:
It appears that some but not all Sonys are now blind to mux 7

You mean COM7? That's got BBC4HD on it. We'd miss that, and I have a
Sony. I'll have to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 18th 18, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Vir Campestris
( i ) This programme is subject to a correction.

On 17/01/2018 07:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
Or dorcornon or...
I have often thought that the three main counties in the west should join
up and start their own country.

Cue Mebyon Kernow (The...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 15th 18, 08:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 86
Posted By Vir Campestris
Freeview BBC Four HD move

On 15/01/2018 09:39, Mark Carver wrote:
On 15/01/2018 09:32, tim... wrote:

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 14th 18, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 86
Posted By Vir Campestris
Freeview BBC Four HD move

On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:
Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7 versions
have gone,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 379