Showing results 1 to 25 of 154
Search took 24.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Gaines
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 15th 18, 08:55 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Gaines
HD Recorder Advice Please

On 15/04/2018 in message
NY wrote:

I keep all my recordings on my PC's hard drive (which I backup to a second
drive that I keep elsewhere) and...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 15th 18, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Gaines
HD Recorder Advice Please

On 10/04/2018 in message Jeff
Gaines wrote:

Can I have some advice on what this theoretical bit of kit might be called
please? There seem to be several...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 12th 18, 07:47 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Gaines
HD Recorder Advice Please

On 12/04/2018 in message
Charlie+ wrote:

If the OP decides to go down the splitter/stripper route, ask again, a
lot of them dont work well, get very...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 11th 18, 01:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Gaines
HD Recorder Advice Please

On 10/04/2018 in message
NY wrote:

[snipped]

Many thanks for the input :-)

Can SD be recorded from HDMI or does it somehow block all...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 01:29 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Gaines
HD Recorder Advice Please

I have a much simpler setup than many people in here I'm su

Sky+ HD box
WD TV Live (streams over my home network)
Panasonic DMR-PWT655 DVD/Blu Ray player/HDD Recorder

These all feed...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 6th 18, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Gaines
satellite navigation

On 06/04/2018 in message Davey wrote:

When I was a member of a TomTom forum, there were lots of complaints
about failure of TomTom devices to accept, or even...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 6th 18, 08:02 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Gaines
satellite navigation

On 06/04/2018 in message Bill Wright wrote:

On 05/04/2018 21:12, Pinnerite wrote:

I had to sell the Jag (I kept bumping into things) and bought a narrower
car. A...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 27th 18, 02:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Gaines
No Sunday programmes in Freeview Play?

On 27/03/2018 in message Jeff Layman wrote:

I just tried looking at Sunday's programme schedule on my Panny TV using
Freeview Play, and found that Sunday is...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 23rd 18, 01:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Jeff Gaines
from another group

On 23/03/2018 in message
Max Demian wrote:

I'm surprised condensed milk (the sticky sweet kind - Nestlé Milk)
survived so long

You need it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 22nd 18, 10:02 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Jeff Gaines
from another group

On 22/03/2018 in message
NY wrote:

Cars with chokes: if you push the choke in a bit too soon, the engine
loses power or stalls...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 15th 18, 08:44 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Weather Women

On 15/03/2018 in message
wrote:

Have you not also noticed that the weather is getting worse. Once again
its raining outside when I plan on...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 14th 18, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Weather Women

On 14/03/2018 in message Phi wrote:

I have noticed over the last few years that women reading the weather
forecast on the BBC seem to be rising in voice frequency....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 8th 18, 05:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Alexa TV Guide Skill

On 08/03/2018 in message Bill Wright wrote:

On 08/03/2018 17:04, Jeff Gaines wrote:

Why would Billy Joel call his daughter "Computer" :-)

All daughters are...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 8th 18, 04:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Alexa TV Guide Skill

On 08/03/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Billy Joels daughter is called Alexa.
However you can change it to.
Computer

Echo

and probably other things as well.
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 8th 18, 07:52 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Alexa TV Guide Skill

On 08/03/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Has anyone managed to make this do anything sensible?
I seem to be able to get bbc 1 and occasionally what is on any...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 2nd 18, 01:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 78
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Maplin RIP

On 02/03/2018 in message
Martin wrote:

There are something like 300,000 privately owned boast in NL

I expect that when you finish building the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 20th 18, 07:58 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Youview Question

There is an advert for Youview on Mellow Magic which says you need a
minimum broadband speed of 2 Megabytes per second. It seemed odd to me
since BB speeds are usually specified as Megabits per...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 6th 18, 12:38 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Unprofessional stations

On 06/02/2018 in message
Martin wrote:

On 6 Feb 2018 12:13:46 GMT, "Jeff Gaines"
wrote:

On 04/02/2018 in message...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 6th 18, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Unprofessional stations

On 04/02/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded continuity
are only as good as the person who checks...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 24th 17, 07:39 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Star Wars Rogue 1 - pricing on Amazon

On 24/12/2017 in message Brian-Gaff wrote:

My speakers arrived silently in the dead of night this evening.

If they are still silent this evening then you'd better send...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 21st 17, 01:56 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 106
Posted By Jeff Gaines
OT Is it me?

On 21/12/2017 in message Bill Wright wrote:

So you supported the white minorities in Africa?

They are the people who seem to be able to run a country in a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 8th 17, 07:41 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Things you miss on tv when you cannot see.

On 07/12/2017 in message Bill Wright wrote:

On 07/12/2017 17:14, Jeff Gaines wrote:

There was a bit of a fuss when the BBC recruited her as they set out to ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 7th 17, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Things you miss on tv when you cannot see.

On 07/12/2017 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Apparently the lady presenting the weather the other night only had one
arm. I'd never have known from the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 1st 17, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 33
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Radio I Player vs Podcasts?

On 01/12/2017 in message Davey wrote:

What annoys me is the offer to watch more about a TV programme by going
online, such as the extension to the Blitz...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 11th 17, 11:20 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 47
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Analogue Video senders still in use

On 11/11/2017 in message Java Jive wrote:

Datum is used in surveying and mapping in particular, and more generally
in geo science and, as I suppose, even more...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 154