Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 3.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Hearn
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 15th 04, 03:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 25
Posted By David Hearn
TV licence

Stuart Bell wrote:
Angus Rae wrote:

According to the TV Licensing website, in actual fact if they have
(say) 200 TVs they pay 4600 for their hotel license, which...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 7th 04, 09:11 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By David Hearn
Pocket TVs with Freeview

Stuart Bell wrote:
Ben wrote:

There will probably never be pocket DVB-T receivers,

Betcha! Most hi-tec stuff around today would seem amazing from a 1980
perspective....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 29th 04, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By David Hearn
DigiTV USB quality issue

Carsten Muehlmann wrote:
Hi,
as long as I use my DigiTV USB (about half a year) I have problems
with the reception quality. Though I live quite near to the broadcast
station the signal...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 23rd 04, 05:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By David Hearn
freeview on pc

John wrote:
Hi
My pc has a wintv card and with a digital capable Ariel and a
freeview set top box could I get this to work through the pc?
TIA

Yes, you just need to put the output of the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 13th 04, 09:58 AM Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By David Hearn
EBU Wants HDTV to use 720 Progressive

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:
The EBU have published a paper on their thoughts about which format to
use for HDTV in Europe:

http://www.ebu.ch/trev_300-wood.pdf (214 KB)

snip

Any news...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 13th 04, 09:53 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By David Hearn
ITV3 as an add channel on Sky?

Ed wrote:
Does anyone know if ITV are planning to transmit ITV3 FTA in November
on satellite?

If the problem is a missing EPG channel then surely it is worth them
transmitting it anyway if...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 10th 04, 10:07 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By David Hearn
7 day EPG in Guildford yet?

I'm in Guildford and have a Pioneer DBR-TF100 freeview box. I noticed the
other day that a software download was going to be re-run next week (V1.5)
and checked the version on my box and it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 6th 04, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By David Hearn
Projection tv burn in.

Henry Egbu wrote:
I have a Sony kp44px2 projection TV and I have just notice a little
burn in from having the aspect ratio at 4:3 the majority of the time,
there are 2 faint lines at each side...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 21st 04, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 106
Posted By David Hearn
Was DAB or FreeView the "must have" Christmas present?

SteveH wrote:
Nick J. wrote:

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:

Nick J. wrote:

My new Sony MP3/Atrac3plus CD hand-portable doesn't care - just
burn...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 20th 04, 10:16 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By David Hearn
RGB loopthrough for freeview

Andy Mackie wrote:
Does anyone know which freeview boxes have RGB loopthrough ?
Preferrably one that doesn't cause degradation in picture quality, or
cause any macrovision-type problems with a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 19th 04, 01:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By David Hearn
Argos electronic scart connector

I thought the cheap one (or one of them) at Argos was actually one which was
very popular for being fully wired and worked great and was recommended on
one of the groups somewhere.

-Zipper-...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 16th 04, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By David Hearn
Pace Twin Guarantee - revisited

QrizB wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:46:51 +0000 (UTC), "mr. nik"
wrote:

IANAL.

in the UK you automatically have a one year guarantee with the
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 15th 04, 01:18 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By David Hearn
Which freeview box ?

Mike GW8IJT wrote:
"Britannica" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:25:35 +0000, Britannica
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 9th 04, 01:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By David Hearn
Disney Anyone?

Ade Evans wrote:
Anyone heard anymore info about Disney....or about this other channel
that's supposed to be starting on the 12th too, FX??

Isn't the Disney channel going to be on Freeview,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 9th 04, 10:17 AM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 187
Posted By David Hearn
13% are "dead against" Digital TV

wrote:
"David Hearn" wrote in message
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 9th 04, 09:52 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 15
Posted By David Hearn
TV running costs

Woody wrote:
"Aradur" wrote in message
Silly little question I know...but approx what is the electricity
costs...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 8th 04, 02:41 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 187
Posted By David Hearn
13% are "dead against" Digital TV

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:08:25 +0000, [dot]co[dot]uk
(Simon Gardner) wrote:

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 8th 04, 10:06 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By David Hearn
Slightly OT - Pace Twin Guarantee

Exiddor wrote:
When I purchased my Pace Twin from Argos a couple of weeks ago there
was no guarantee card in the box or, indeed, any kind of information
about a guarantee.

I've emailed Pace...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 7th 04, 07:53 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By David Hearn
John Lewis Panasonic (observations)

Nic wrote:
"David Hearn" wrote in message
Nic wrote:
"Forester" wrote in message
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 6th 04, 03:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By David Hearn
John Lewis Panasonic (observations)

Nic wrote:
"Forester" wrote in message
Visited the Newcastle branch of John Lewis yesterday. Very busy and
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 6th 04, 08:35 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By David Hearn
DAB retrofit tuner for peugeot

Peter wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:51:38 -0000, "Paul Landregan"
wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 6th 04, 08:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By David Hearn
New Pioneer DBR TF100 freeview box

David Hearn wrote:
I bought a Pioneer DBR TF100 Freeview box last week and I'm VERY
pleased with it. No lockups, very nice and fast, wholly recommend
it. Twin Scarts AND RF Remodulator.

I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 6th 04, 08:00 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By David Hearn
New Pioneer DBR TF100 freeview box

I bought a Pioneer DBR TF100 Freeview box last week and I'm VERY pleased
with it. No lockups, very nice and fast, wholly recommend it. Twin Scarts
AND RF Remodulator.

I did try getting it at my...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 5th 04, 02:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By David Hearn
Pansonic updates

Rob Fone wrote:
Hi,

We recently bought a Pansonic TX28-DT4 IDTV. I see on the DTG
engineering channel schedule there should be an update for the
firmware available now, but our TV reports...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 23rd 03, 11:29 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 2
Posted By David Hearn
Pioneer DBR-TF100GB

David Hearn wrote:
Any comments on this box?

If anyone actually has this box, can they measure it for me? I need
one to fit within 5cm high (5cm max height) and 37cm wide.

Okay - found a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41