Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Yannick
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) February 5th 04, 11:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 4
Posted By Yannick
To TiVo or not to TiVo...?

Doz wrote:
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a TiVo off Ebay... anything I should look out for ?

Also, is it possible to remove TiVo recorded video off onto DVD-R via
network and a PC ?
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 30th 04, 08:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 5
Posted By Yannick
Help needed to split mpeg

Escort wrote:
I have a 1.2Gb mpeg and need to split it into 2 to record onto cd
anyone offer any help

newbie

please do a google, I found loads of hits for an MPEG splitter
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 30th 04, 08:31 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 2
Posted By Yannick
Newbie

Gavin Parsons wrote:
Being new to this anyone know of any good web sites for a new starter.

Cheers

Gavin

Depend what you are looking for ? In my opinion there is really only
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 29th 04, 11:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 14
Posted By Yannick
Any suggestions?

Jon Skeet wrote:
Yannick wrote:

No gocha's with the lifetime sub, it stays with the machine 'for life'.

Excellent.

Most problems that occur with...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 29th 04, 08:39 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 14
Posted By Yannick
Any suggestions?

Jon Skeet wrote:
Yannick wrote:

Cheers. There's another Tivo on eBay with lifetime subscription for 160
quid, so I clearly need to look into it for a...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 29th 04, 07:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 14
Posted By Yannick
Any suggestions?

Jon Skeet wrote:
Yannick wrote:

Interesting - could you put me in touch with him?

The guy is offering the Tivo on the uk.media.tv.sky forum look for a
thread...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 28th 04, 01:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 14
Posted By Yannick
Any suggestions?

Jon Skeet wrote:
Yannick wrote:

Currently Tivo is the best option (IMHO). I know a guy selling an
unsubbed 1 year old tivo (un modded) for 160

Interesting -...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 28th 04, 11:12 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 14
Posted By Yannick
Any suggestions?

Currently Tivo is the best option (IMHO). I know a guy selling an
unsubbed 1 year old tivo (un modded) for 160

The other options are pretty limited, $ky+, poor EPG compared to Tivo

build your...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 27th 04, 10:28 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 9
Posted By Yannick
Tivo and Oneforall 6 remote control

Cameleon is quite new but I still had to get the tivo codes over the phone.

Carl Waring wrote:
Jomtien wrote:

Carl Waring wrote:

There isn't a setup code for it. It'll be under the...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 22nd 04, 07:23 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 5
Posted By Yannick
PVR on digital cable

Tobias Muhlhofer wrote:
Hi, all!

I am an NTL digital cable subscriber and I also use my digibox as a
modem for broadband. What are my options in terms of getting a pvr,
preferably one...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 20th 04, 03:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 32
Posted By Yannick
Current PVRs - a question of time flexibility

Simon Gardner wrote:
How flexible are the current generation of PVRs on timings of recordings?

I'm thinking principally of the $kyplus PVR. Can you set it to record (say)
the last fifteen...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 20th 04, 01:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 3
Posted By Yannick
Interesting thread on Humax bringing a new Tivo to UK

Humax talking with Tivo about manufacturing a new Tivo for the UK market

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155261
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 6th 04, 03:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 2
Posted By Yannick
TIVO HD defragmentation

No and no

It doesn't matter to tivo is a disk is fragmanted, it places chunks of
programs in available disk segments, they do not have to be contiguous.

Meng wrote:
Is it necessary (or...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 26th 03, 03:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 25
Posted By Yannick
Getting started

Not true of Tivo, It runs a flavour of linux and my machine has been up
now for 136 days continuous. When it did go down last (power outage) it
came back up in under a minute. It is very robust....
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 26th 03, 07:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 25
Posted By Yannick
Getting started

Wik wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:36:53 +0000, Wik yammered:

Greetings all,

Nomex suit on
As a newbie to this arena, I come seeking knowledge.

Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 25th 03, 10:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 25
Posted By Yannick
Getting started

Mr Balloon wrote:
Yannick wrote:

In short as long as Tivo provide an EPG then Tivo will carry on in the
UK and there is no sign of them stopping the service.

Thanks for that Angus &...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 25th 03, 09:27 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 25
Posted By Yannick
Getting started

Mr Balloon wrote:
Yannick wrote:

Regrding the PVR, I would try and source a tivo, they are outstanding
machines and really change your perception of TV. Imagine always
having
a choice...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 25th 03, 07:57 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 25
Posted By Yannick
Getting started

Regrding the PVR, I would try and source a tivo, they are outstanding
machines and really change your perception of TV. Imagine always having
a choice of programs you want to watch...Imagine...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 20th 03, 10:35 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 2
Posted By Yannick
sky+

Yes, you can watch one channel, record another as it has two receivers
in the box.

no you can't change the system to watch different channels in different
rooms, they have a mirror sub for 10 I...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 19th 03, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 6
Posted By Yannick
Is Pacelink the only place to buy preconfigured HD's?

Yes, Hinsdales guide is A.OK !

Your basically booting into a unix environment and running a few basic
commands, copying the tivo image from the old drive to the new drive.

Q. Why add an extra...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20