Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jomtien
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 31st 07, 06:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 17
Posted By Jomtien
How do you change a FTV card to a new region ?

RT wrote:

Are you lot thick ?

Jeezzzee why don't people read what is written.

Reading what is written won't make the answer any easier.

You CAN'T change the region of most of these viewing...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 31st 07, 06:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 5
Posted By Jomtien
Picture quality

Anthony R. Gold wrote:

Can someone with a large LCD screen(37inch +) tell me if he wording on the
now/next banner has any blockyness to it? I'm having trouble with my Sammy
37" R8, poor...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 22nd 07, 06:13 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 4
Posted By Jomtien
Sky HD Upgrade from Freeview Box ?

Homer Jay Simpson wrote:

Howerver, though I paid 180 for the box, they have recently dropped
the price, so I could only reasonably expect to get aroud 80 for it
on Ebay, and HD Sky upgrades are...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 22nd 07, 06:13 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 4
Posted By Jomtien
Sky+ second LNB feed

Chris wrote:

Crazy I know, but we've recently moved into a new build flat with a
triplex output plate (SAT, TV, DAB/FM) fed from the headend, and a
second plat with two female coax connectors. ...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 21st 07, 06:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 2
Posted By Jomtien
Sky customer 'service'

Alan Pemberton wrote:

There's no such thing as a 'BBC'
card. It's just a standard Sky viewing card enabled for the FTV channels
only.

There are several types of card being used for FTV.

1) The...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 13th 07, 05:57 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 7
Posted By Jomtien
New FreeSat Card - Update Firmware

Anti-Spam wrote:

what do SKY offer as an option if after a
firmware update, the box no longer works properly on FreeSat boxes?

Nothing.

The...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 11th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe.sky,alt.uk.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 12
Posted By Jomtien

Nigel Barker wrote:

That looks neat but is it actually available today? Also what is the cost?

When it is standard (which it is intended to be at some point) then it
won't cost much.

--
Digibox...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 11th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 7
Posted By Jomtien
New FreeSat Card - Update Firmware

Anti-Spam wrote:

I have a
suspicion that if you do not force a firmware update (on a box that
has been unplugged, for an extended period), that the box continues to
work OK.

Yes and no.

It...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 10th 07, 05:12 AM Posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe.sky,alt.uk.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 12
Posted By Jomtien
2 sat connections - only 1 sky box - works with subscription only on 1 connection

Nigel Barker wrote:

BTW I wonder if the 'single cable' really is a single cable

It is. This is new...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 9th 07, 06:00 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 7
Posted By Jomtien
New FreeSat Card - Update Firmware

Anti-Spam wrote:

Couple of times now I've had customers being told that when trying to
activate a new FreeSat card, they have been told they need to update
their firmware first. Yet after doing...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 1st 07, 06:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 0
Posted By Jomtien
More FTA

Mike Henry wrote:

Interesting in the case of Fashion TV. It launched as FTA and was FTA
for ages, and then became pay-TV as part of Sky's "Style & Culture" mix.
I wonder what prompted their...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 27th 07, 05:50 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 7
Posted By Jomtien
Home Theatre PC's

Bruce Stewart wrote:

If you require access to the encrypted channels, you need to have a Sky STB,
a Sky Sub and an analogue capture card to capture the Composite/S-Video
output from the box.

Not...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) April 25th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 20
Posted By Jomtien
series link

oash wrote:

the supreme
sky+

Some people are easily impressed.

just because you have to pay 10 pcm you're agginnit Jomtien - admit its
great!
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 24th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 8
Posted By Jomtien
Sky freeview required PIN for C4?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Last night whilst flicking through the channels for some reason C4
was asking for a PIN to be entered.

This should never happen on FTV/FTA channels.

But...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 23rd 07, 06:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky

CheggersPop wrote:

Last night whilst flicking through the channels for some reason C4 was
asking for a PIN to be entered.

This should never happen on FTV/FTA channels.

--
Digibox problem? : A...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) April 23rd 07, 06:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr

oash wrote:

the supreme
sky+

Some people are easily impressed.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/8vef5
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 22nd 07, 06:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 8
Posted By Jomtien
Recording satellite to HDD

Paul Martin wrote:

No you don't. Sky have never issued free viewing cards. The BBC did,
many years ago, but only a tiny number of these still work (the very
last ones to be issued).

For...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 21st 07, 04:51 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 8
Posted By Jomtien
Recording satellite to HDD

Paul Parr wrote:

Just to be sure I've understood this, does this mean that unless I pay a
Sky+ subscription, a Sky+ box won't even record the channel I'm watching?

Yes.

This makes me wonder -...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 21st 07, 04:51 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 8
Posted By Jomtien
Recording satellite to HDD

Paul Parr wrote:

I've had a Panasonic satellite box for years and now use it with a free
viewing card (obtained from Sky digital when they first introduced them) for
BBC, ITV, C4 etc.

No you...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 20th 07, 06:44 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 9
Posted By Jomtien
Channel 5 Missing - message "no satellite signal is being received" on Pace Sky Box UPDATE

Graham Brooker wrote:

I still have no channel 5 on the EPG 105 with the error message "no
satellite signal received".

Test another box on your dish using both your cards and another card.

Test...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 19th 07, 06:01 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 10
Posted By Jomtien
Pace 2600C1 memory upgrade

Anti-Spam wrote:

You can't.
is there anything you don't know.

I hope so.

I don't know when I'm going to die or how, for a start.
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 19th 07, 06:01 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 1
Posted By Jomtien
Recording failed, or not?

Ian Bethell wrote:

Set "Alien Autopsy" to record the next day (yesterday) on sky premier simply
by going through the all channels tv guide.

Then today, it says that Alien autopsy is planned...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 18th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 5
Posted By Jomtien
Want Sky: need advice on connecting in second room, via TV with PC input

wrote:

Presumably all I have to do is run some co-ax from the Sky box to the
bedroom?
a DVI in or a HDMI in (to connect the PC up)
and an RF in (to accept the co-ax...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 18th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 10
Posted By Jomtien
Pace 2600C1 memory upgrade

Anti-Spam wrote:

Does anybody know what is involved with upgrading the memory on a PACE
2600C1?

You can't.

Second question does the memory problem that affects the 2600
also affect the 12V...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 15th 07, 05:49 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 11
Posted By Jomtien
pin code

Anthony R. Gold wrote:

Maybe their way of complying with an OFCOM requirement by doing it without
displaying the kind warning you would have preferred, is a "bug" in your
eyes.

To leave a menu...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500