Showing results 1 to 25 of 332
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Angus Rae
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) June 1st 10, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 5
Posted By Angus Rae
Sky+HD free

George wrote:
A bit of investigation showed that, if I disconnect the Sky HD box from
the phone line, I regain my "full" speed, but as soon as I re-connect
it, the speed falls.

Daft...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 22nd 09, 03:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Angus Rae
I STILL DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Agamemnon wrote:
Not once single children's programme on either BBC1 or BBC2 this
afternoon and not even a seasonal film or anything else which is
seasonal, nothing but pure rubbish. And ITV1...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 26th 09, 10:23 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 14
Posted By Angus Rae
TiVo announces partnership with Virgin Media in the U.K.

André Coutanche wrote:
I've never had a TiVo, so I'm immune to the religious zeal which seems to
grip some who have, but it seems to me that we're talking about TiVo *the
company*, not TiVo...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) June 3rd 09, 11:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 33
Posted By Angus Rae
ITVHD with new SKY+HD epg

Paul wrote:

"Sean Black" wrote in message
Why? Black & white films can look stunning in HD too.

But its not shot in HD though is it

It's shot on film, so yes,...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) June 3rd 09, 11:07 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 33
Posted By Angus Rae
ITVHD with new SKY+HD epg

Sean Black wrote:
Sorry Malcolm, can't help you on that one. I reluctantly sold my TiVo
after many years of faultless service once the suggestions stopped
working and I can't remember if it...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) May 20th 09, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 17
Posted By Angus Rae
Anyone got the new viewing card yet?

Vincent wrote:
I heard that Sky were sending out new viewing cards. Nobody I know has
received there's yet. Does anyone know the timescale of these being sent
out?

I think mine are in the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 15th 09, 09:36 AM Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Angus Rae
Relay tx post DSO - why only 3 muxes?

Jerry wrote:
Your point being what, considering the OP having talked about getting
"Sky", which is the point I was replying to - if he can 'get Sky' he can
'see' the same satellite with a FTA...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 14th 09, 01:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Angus Rae
Relay tx post DSO - why only 3 muxes?

Angus Rae wrote:
If you happen to be on or below the south slope of a large hill

I mean "north slope" here of course. If you're on a south-facing slope
there's no issue. D'oh.

--
Angus G Rae ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 14th 09, 01:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 73
Posted By Angus Rae
Relay tx post DSO - why only 3 muxes?

Jerry wrote:
2Bdecided wrote:
Ah yes, all true, but I'm moving from a well served location to a non-
served location. I feel the only option is Sky - I will definitely
miss my...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) March 23rd 09, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 5
Posted By Angus Rae
TiVo plays intro video a lot

Dave Weaver wrote:
I have a series 1 Thompson TiVo, which is still serving me well after
many years.

However, recently I've noticed that after watching a recording and
trying to return to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 2nd 09, 12:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 60
Posted By Angus Rae
TV with no tuner

Angus Rae wrote:

Some slightly incomplete stuff and a typo...

Please see http://tinyurl.com/ckatl6 (links to the TV Licensing website)
for confirmation.

It actually links to metafaq.com - TV...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 2nd 09, 12:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 60
Posted By Angus Rae
TV with no tuner

Bartc wrote:
Are there are widescreen TVs around (perhaps 19" to 26") that don't have
either an analog or digital tuner?

This sounds more like a monitor but we need Scart input, 16:9 aspect...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 5th 09, 03:38 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By Angus Rae
EchoStar T-101 (Update)

mr deo wrote:
As many will know, there were a lot of boxes that went dead during the past
few switchovers that have happened.. With Integrated tuners, Freesat, and
DVB-T2 around the corner then...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 12th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Angus Rae
TOT Vista

Steve Thackery wrote:
and the initial problems with Vista it became more of a retool rather
than a quantum leap; hence the NT6.1 kernel and the mismatch with the
name.

Actually, I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 12th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Angus Rae
TOT Vista

Steve Thackery wrote:
It's a lot simpler than that (as you may have already spotted).

Exactly: Angus doesn't know what he's on about. Just to lay it out more
easily:

Well, that's me...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 12th 08, 01:06 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Angus Rae
TOT Vista

Johnny B Good wrote:
It's a lot simpler than that (as you may have already spotted). You've
already mentioned NT3 and NT4 but you've simply overlooked their
successors, NT5 and NT6...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 11th 08, 09:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Angus Rae
TOT Vista

nickm wrote:
The next version of Windows - Windows 7 (or whatever they end up calling
it when it eventually hits the shelves)

"Windows 7" actually; they've chosen that as the official name as...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 5th 08, 09:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Angus Rae
Maplin's Freesat Box

Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:
"Dave Farrance" wrote in message
Only one quarter of the channels will...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 19th 08, 12:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 86
Posted By Angus Rae
Noel Edmonds won't pay TV licence due to 'threatening' ads

JOHN PORCELLA wrote:
On 17 Sep, 14:22, Angus Rae wrote:
JOHN PORCELLA wrote:
Really? So long as the TV is capable of receiving TV broadcasts, I
thought that the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 17th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

JOHN PORCELLA wrote:
Really? So long as the TV is capable of receiving TV broadcasts, I
thought that the licence fee was payable? What are they watching
their DVDs and VTs on?

That's not the...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) August 26th 08, 12:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 9
Posted By Angus Rae
HD Defrag

Paul Hyett wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 at 17:43:52, Angus Rae wrote in
uk.tech.tv.sky :
PVR filesystems have large block sizes as they're specifically
designed to deal...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) August 25th 08, 04:43 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 9
Posted By Angus Rae
HD Defrag

Mike J wrote:
As subject.
Is it possible to defrag the hard drive on a Thomson HD box in situ ?
If so "how's it done" please.

I'm not familiar with the Sky boxes specifically, but you almost...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 21st 08, 01:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 72
Posted By Angus Rae
24 fps, blue ray and my telly.

Mark Carver wrote:
It's all about standards again, and the same arguments apply as the DTT
split NIT saga. If a TV is marked 'HD Ready' it should support 24p working.
Sadly not all do, even...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) July 30th 08, 02:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 7
Posted By Angus Rae
Adding FreeSat to my Sky+ setup

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:35:17 +0100, "Slider" wrote:

Think you need to wire the 4th output on the LNB and connect this directly
to your tv

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 17th 08, 03:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 83
Posted By Angus Rae
Scam call from 08716641448

Angus Rae wrote:
Roderick Stewart wrote:
What does "BT Privacy at home" cost?

Absolutely nada, nowt, zero and nothing.

Correcting myself; the CLID side of it costs nothing as long as you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 332