Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 12.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: amstereofan
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 30th 03, 10:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By amstereofan
What happens when Analogue is switched off?

"Fillyourboots" wrote in message
Let's assume analogue is no more after next week, what happens to the
analogue bandwidth?...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 30th 03, 10:29 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By amstereofan
Australia HDTV Broadcasts

http://www.widescreentv.info/

Anyone seen any while down under ?

http://www.dba.org.au/
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 28th 03, 10:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 2
Posted By amstereofan
UK TV on Internet ??

"mkbooks" wrote in message
Try www.wwitv.com Not all channels but some.

You'll never get the main channels from any country...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) December 28th 03, 12:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 4
Posted By amstereofan
Channel 5 - constant noise on left channel

"abenn" wrote in message

"amstereofan" wrote...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) December 27th 03, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 4
Posted By amstereofan
Channel 5 - constant noise on left channel

"Mike_C" wrote in message

"amstereofan" wrote in message
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) December 27th 03, 02:38 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 4
Posted By amstereofan
Channel 5 - constant noise on left channel

Have a listen. Maybe just sky's transmission only
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) December 22nd 03, 10:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 3
Posted By amstereofan
Classics TV - wheer to find info?

"Laurence Taylor" wrote in message
Is there anywhere I can find a programme schedule for Classics TV?

They have no...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) December 11th 03, 10:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 1
Posted By amstereofan
FS : Sky Keyboard

Best offer wins. Brand new
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) November 27th 03, 11:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 3
Posted By amstereofan
Is there any technical reason why we can't have Sky News Australia ?

"Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:42:33 -0000, "amstereofan"
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) November 26th 03, 07:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 6
Posted By amstereofan
How's the Personal Planner these days - does it work now ?

Is it now 100% reliable unlike before ? I know a prog linked to series link
works but's it's the odd prog you want to setup which does'nt have this, is
THIS totally ok now ??? ie has anyone used of...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) November 25th 03, 11:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 3
Posted By amstereofan
Is there any technical reason why we can't have Sky News Australia ?

This is one channel I would love to see having a great interest in all
things Australian! Also I think there's enough Aussies living here now to
justify having a relay of the channel so is it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 22nd 03, 11:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By amstereofan
What's the power of the Whitehawk Hill Brighton transmitter ?

Compared with analogue which I think is 10kw. Anyone know ? I'm wondering if
I may get a freeview signal as I get a fairly strong signal from Whitehawk
with analogue...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) November 19th 03, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 1
Posted By amstereofan
SNA Soham screen - Speeded up audio

Probably will have been fixed before you read this but at the moment
although the video is normal audio is at least twice the speed
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) October 10th 03, 11:57 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 10
Posted By amstereofan
BBC Channel Is News ?

I saw some of the 6.30pm BBC Channel Islands news last night and not one
item was about the Ch Is. Don't know why they bother to have an opt out of
they can't cover any Ch Is news...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) October 8th 03, 12:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 2
Posted By amstereofan
Sky News reporter found dead

Yes tragic. I remember his reports

"Nick" wrote in message
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) October 7th 03, 09:07 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 1
Posted By amstereofan
Sky News Australia

There is no technical reason and cost is not it can't be political so why
can't we have this channel I'm wondering.

There's enough Aussie living here which I'm sure would welcome a 24/7 feed
of...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) September 30th 03, 09:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 4
Posted By amstereofan
ITV sound quality worse today ??

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message
On Monday, in article
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) September 29th 03, 09:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 4
Posted By amstereofan
ITV sound quality worse today ??

I'm noticing a definate drop in sound quality on both analogue terrestrial
and sky ONLY on ITV 1 sounds terrible. Anyone else ?
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) September 28th 03, 10:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 1
Posted By amstereofan
What can you do with a Sky keyboard ?

Anyway it can be modded for use with a pc ? THEN it would be of some use!
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) September 21st 03, 07:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 0
Posted By amstereofan
How long have the shopping 'sites' been freephone ?

I hardly ever look at the sky active stuff but I noticed earlier numourous
shopping portels now all with freephone access. Shame it's so damn slow
thanks to the 33k modem is it but the layout etc is...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 29th 03, 09:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By amstereofan
Where can I buy an AverTV tuner card which definatly has NICAM STEREO ?!

Brought and returned 2 so far which claimed to have nicam stereo but were
only the mono versions

AverTV direct me to the digicam site. is the one they sell definatly the
nicam stereo version ??
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) August 7th 03, 12:16 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 13
Posted By amstereofan
Is the MPEG-2 quality higher on Freeview ?

"Stephen Neal" wrote in message
amstereofan wrote:
ITV1 on Sky is terrible. Any action scenes like with The...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) August 7th 03, 12:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 13
Posted By amstereofan
Is the MPEG-2 quality higher on Freeview ?

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:22:53 +0100, "amstereofan"
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) August 6th 03, 07:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 13
Posted By amstereofan
Is the MPEG-2 quality higher on Freeview ?

ITV1 on Sky is terrible. Any action scenes like with The Bill and the
pixalation is very noticable. Is it better on Freeview (no signal here)
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) July 31st 03, 10:16 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 3
Posted By amstereofan
River City

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message