Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 8.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 28th 03, 07:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
Best Freeview box - advice sought

Alien Zord writes
"Dave" wrote in message
Alien Zord ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 28th 03, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
Best Freeview box - advice sought

Alien Zord writes
I think he's just making a comment about one of the many bugs in
MS Outlook Express. His .sig is demonstrating that bug in all its
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 28th 03, 02:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
Best Freeview box - advice sought

Alien Zord writes
"Laurence Taylor" wrote in message
snipped

OT: attached to your...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 28th 03, 01:08 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave
Sky sabotage of ITV/Channel 4/Channel 5 viewing

"Mousehunter ``'@o- ,,." writes
Isn't it $kys responsability to supply FTA terrestrial channels on there
platform, it is nothing to do with the broadcasters. $ky owns the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 25th 03, 12:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave
Dear Marge

Wrightsaerials writes
Dear Marge,

I'm into flagellation, necrophilia, and bestiality. Do you think I'm flogging a
dead horse?

Yours
Worried, Yorkshire

Neigh...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 23rd 03, 06:08 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
Freeview Reception in Chatham, Kent

Rob writes

Just out of interest I currently have a sky setup but I cancelled my
subscription and only get the FTA channels. Are the interative services that
are...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 22nd 03, 05:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave
Cheapest way to get E4

dr. mabuse writes
I'm moving and want pay TV, but all I really want is Sky One and E4. What's the
cheapest package, whether Satellite or cable that'll get me my desires?

If...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 19th 03, 10:47 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
have to return everything to currys?

Dom Robinson writes
I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just
the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 19th 03, 10:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave
Tivo RIP?

AD C writes

Nothing wrong with my previous statement. I pay a standing charge
for telephone, that is for the lines, it is not a subscription.
Ooh look,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 18th 03, 11:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave
Tivo RIP?

AD C writes
I'm not stupid enought to buy a product that relies on a
subscription to use,

Do you have a telephone?

That is not the same...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 18th 03, 07:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
have to return everything to currys?

Dom Robinson writes
I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just
the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables and
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 18th 03, 02:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave
Tivo RIP?

AD C writes
Shame you cannot get enjoyment from good things happening to you
rather than bad things happening to others.

I'm not stupid enought to buy a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 18th 03, 01:05 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
have to return everything to currys?

coulthard writes
I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so
currys have aggreed to replace it. However they say I have to send back
the free...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 17th 03, 10:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Dave
have to return everything to currys?

tHatDudeUK writes

"Ed Crowley" wrote in message
Currys = Dixons = Evil.

Curry's,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 17th 03, 06:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
Sky News suspends journalists for faking story !

Aztech writes
You'd think the bosses at the time of broadcast could differentiate a
scoop from an highly improbable scoop, i.e. nobody else carrying the
story, non of the agencies...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 17th 03, 01:55 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave
Channel 5 starts big switch off

nibb writes
Chris Waddle

Scorchio!

--
Dave
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 17th 03, 12:08 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Stuart writes
And just because I didn't feel the need to dress my comment "You are the
scriptwriter who was too ****poor even for ITV's 'The Sketch Show' -
AICMFP." up in...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 17th 03, 10:41 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Dave
BBC1 Local on Sky 101

Bryan Jones writes
My parents had Sky installed last month.
On channel 101 they get BBC 1 London despite living in Lancashire.
103 gives the correct ITV 1 region...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 17th 03, 10:02 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave
'Analogue' is the new 'Digital'

Stuart writes

Dave - this was supposed to be a joke thread!

Which may explain a surfeit of smileys in my posts and rather feeble
attempts to match the humour of the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 16th 03, 02:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave
'Analogue' is the new 'Digital'

Stuart writes
BBC4 on BBC2 (and BBC3 on BBC1) is not 'brand-new'. It's been used to
showcase programmes for a while now - to tempt analogue viewers by
showing...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 16th 03, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave
'Analogue' is the new 'Digital'

Stuart writes
BBC4 on BBC2 (and BBC3 on BBC1) is not 'brand-new'. It's been used to
showcase programmes for a while now - to tempt analogue viewers by
showing them a...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) July 13th 03, 09:27 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
News Item - Sky may halve the price of Sky+ around August / September 2003

Mark Gordon writes
Last I checked (and I even did this) you could phone up and get an FTV
card sent to you for free.

Not any more you can't.

--
Dave
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) July 13th 03, 09:27 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Dave
News Item - Sky may halve the price of Sky+ around August / September 2003

Mark Gordon writes
Last I checked (and I even did this) you could phone up and get an FTV
card sent to you for free.

Not any more you can't.

--
Dave
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 13th 03, 04:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave
Freeview on SKY

Alan Fretten writes
I started getting messages on my Freeview channels today saying that I would
soon stop receiving the channel. I phoned the number given in the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 11th 03, 10:13 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave
BBC no change

David Quinton writes
Must admit that it was great fun last night watching all the different
BBC1 regional programmes from 18:30 - 19:00.

A sort-of DIY version of the old...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55