Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 5.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Evans
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 30th 07, 12:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.radio.digital
Replies: 74
Posted By Richard Evans
Ofcom's consultation for the future of DTT

Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:

Yes indeed. One of my favourite comedy films ever.

Doc

Look like Jerry is not a Steve Martin fan.
(Perhaps I shouldn't speculate on what he actually is,
as I don't...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 30th 07, 12:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.radio.digital
Replies: 74
Posted By Richard Evans
Ofcom's consultation for the future of DTT

Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
On 30 Nov, 12:50, ":Jerry:" wrote:

So you realise how stupid you are making yourself look?
That's rich coming from someone using a Google...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 23rd 07, 05:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.radio.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Richard Evans
How do you transmit a single digital channel?

Richard L wrote:

Maybe you have an insensitive DAB radio. But I find the dropping in
and out of stereo far more irritating, especially on music.

I think it was better when nearly all FM...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 21st 07, 03:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.radio.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Richard Evans
How do you transmit a single digital channel?

Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:
"Richard L" wrote in message
But I can think of other real advantages too -- like BBC7, and...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 20th 07, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.radio.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Richard Evans
How do you transmit a single digital channel?

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Ben
writes
Ian Jackson wrote:
Why? At the moment, you can set up a stand-alone AM or...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 13th 06, 09:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.radio.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard Evans
future dvbt list for europe

Patershol wrote:
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/dvbt/

Great Remove alt.radio.digital from the header, so I'm left wondering
where my reply went.

Looking at Crystal Palace, I'd say these...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 13th 06, 09:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard Evans
future dvbt list for europe

Patershol wrote:
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/dvbt/

Looking at Crystal Palace, I'd say these are current transmissions, not
future.

Richard E.
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 14th 06, 11:09 AM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 213
Posted By Richard Evans
BBC Trust - no idea engineering experience whatsoever

Mike Henry wrote:
In , "Heracles Pollux"
wrote:

"Jerry" wrote in message...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) November 10th 05, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard Evans
BBC Broadband Bit Rates

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:

Malcolm Knight. wrote:

"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message

Trev...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 5th 05, 10:15 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 66
Posted By Richard Evans
DVB-H could be the GSM of TV technology

Dal wrote:

Richard Evans wrote:

Dal wrote:

Richard Evans wrote:
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 5th 05, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 66
Posted By Richard Evans
DVB-H could be the GSM of TV technology

Dal wrote:

Richard Evans wrote:

OK. so it depends upon whether or not we are talking about a change in
the Guard interval, or just a change in symbol rate with the same %
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 4th 05, 09:41 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 66
Posted By Richard Evans
DVB-H could be the GSM of TV technology

Dal wrote:
Richard Evans wrote:

Doug McDonald wrote:

SNIP

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 2nd 05, 12:04 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv

Doug McDonald wrote:

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:

And ATSC cannot use SFNs. And ATSC cannot be received when mobile.

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 24th 05, 12:22 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv

Max Demian wrote:

"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message

hwh wrote:

"DAB sounds worse than FM"...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 24th 05, 12:11 PM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv

Agamemnon wrote:

"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 23rd 04, 01:30 AM Posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 40
Posted By Richard Evans
TV is 'a Wallpaper Medium'

Ian Stirling wrote:

I happened to come across a ~1980 Tomorrows World.

Sigh.

I remember on Tomorrow's world seeing a clever new idea about sending a laser
beam down a piece of glass fibre,...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16