Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.66 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 16th 18, 12:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
iPlayer downloads now only being offered in sd1?

In article , Johnny B Good
wrote:

If you do discover a 'magic incantation' to d/l 1280 by 720, whether 25
or 50 fps, please...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 15th 18, 10:53 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
iPlayer downloads now only being offered in sd1?

In article , Java Jive
wrote:

From that discussion, it seems that the only HD mode destined to
survive is hvfhd, and in fact I downloaded...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 15th 18, 08:12 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
iPlayer downloads now only being offered in sd1?

In article , Johnny B Good
wrote:
Not one of my Saturday night's selection of downloads included any hd1
(1280 by 720)...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 25th 18, 09:25 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.comp.os.linux
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
The BBC have (22 hours ago) screwed GIP's search functions yet again!

In article , Johnny B Good
wrote:

Apropos of which, the update materialised some time between 01:00 and
01:15 Z today...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 24th 18, 04:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.comp.os.linux
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
The BBC have (22 hours ago) screwed GIP's search functions yet again!

In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:
Gathering a bunch of pids to build up a list in a text file is almost as
wasteful of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 24th 18, 08:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.comp.os.linux
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
The BBC have (22 hours ago) screwed GIP's search functions yet again!

In article , Johnny B Good
wrote:
I'll just have to grit my teeth (like everyone else) and work around the
problem until an...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 23rd 18, 08:24 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.comp.os.linux
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
The BBC have (22 hours ago) screwed GIP's search functions yet again!

https://forums.squarepenguin.co.uk/thread-1707.html

JIm

Electronics ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 22nd 18, 11:19 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
from another group

In article , charles
wrote:

In the same way that the CD drive tray on PC's could be used as a cup
holder. There was even a program...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 11th 18, 03:55 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Paranoia or real effect?

In article , Bill Wright
wrote:
Reflected signals from rapidly moving wind turbine blades cause
cancellation and reinforcement effects that...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 11th 18, 11:30 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Paranoia or real effect?

In article , R.
Mark Clayton wrote:
We are after all in a very strong signal area here, and I'd have
thought it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 6th 18, 10:50 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Oh well, can't do this anymore ...

In article , Martin
wrote:

Agent saw it as a ? character

Here the header said 8-bit utf-8 and I got the character for hex...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 3rd 18, 10:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
snow affecting reception

In article , Max
Demian
wrote:

Do they have electrically heated aerials in cold countries?

That prompts me to wonder:...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 3rd 18, 10:02 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Roderick Stewart
wrote:

I keep thinking lately about that line in the Simon & Garfunkel song
that says "How...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 3rd 18, 09:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 50
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Free Book :-)

In article , RJH
wrote:
On 25/02/2018 09:21, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In article , RJH

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 2nd 18, 08:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Graham.
wrote:

Bill & Jim, my wishes for Quality Outcomes for you both.

I was havering overnight wrt the weather...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 1st 18, 02:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Martin
wrote:

There's only a shortage of hospital beds because somebody decided there
were too many, closed many...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 28th 18, 08:34 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , tony sayer

wrote:

I wonder if our Jim is talking about a suspected bowel cancer perhaps?.

That was the original concern of the GP,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 27th 18, 03:55 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Martin
wrote:

I'm waiting the results of 36 radiation sessions. My stem cells are
hopefully replacing all the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 27th 18, 03:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Martin
wrote:

Good luck, Jim. One thing I have got out of my treatment is that nothing
can ever embarrass me again....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 27th 18, 11:59 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Norman Wells
wrote:
On 27/02/2018 11:51, Jim Lesurf wrote:

Anyway, I'm hoping that - from weather to examination - things go...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 27th 18, 10:51 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Bill Wright
wrote:

Twenty miles can be a long way in Scotland in winter conditions.

I hope I haven't put you off the medical...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 27th 18, 09:18 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Bill Wright
wrote:

No I'm not. Actually it did occur to me that Mr Fry might have been more
accustomed than me to some of the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 26th 18, 11:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 50
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Free Book :-)

In article , Don Pearce
wrote:

Where possible I will always use units as they provide inbuilt
dimensional analysis. If an answer...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 26th 18, 10:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article , Andrew
wrote:
On 25/02/2018 18:18, Woody wrote:
You won't go far wrong with a Miele Bill, we have friends in...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 26th 18, 08:29 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Sudden expenditure

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:

Thank you. The fact is, they found a very high grade cancer so I've had
a major operation. It's 50/50...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500