Showing results 1 to 25 of 383
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Graham.[_12_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 02:55 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
The Great DVB-T switch off?

Is it true there is a plan in place to move everything to T2 by 2020?
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

On 26/03/2018 23:38, NY wrote:

What I want to know is how the hell I once got spurious multiplexes near
Leyburn from Emley Moor (or one of its relays) when the reception
predictor says...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 22nd 18, 04:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
from another group

In article , Graham.
wrote:
In article , Jeff Gaines
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 22nd 18, 01:08 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
from another group

My neighbour had a clothes peg on the mini choke cable to keep it out a bit
at all times.

Does anyone remember those three wheelers with the door on the front?
I had a ride in one of those,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 22nd 18, 01:00 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 117
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
from another group

In article ,
Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 22/03/2018 in message
NY...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 20th 18, 04:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 23
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
snowy picture

On 20/03/2018 15:04, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 14:57, Mark Carver wrote:
On 20/03/2018 14:44, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 10:15, Brian Gaff wrote:

There's a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 19th 18, 04:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 23
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
snowy picture

Bill Wright wrote:

On 18/03/2018 08:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes and nowadays of course the signal breaks up a bit with bloccky
stuff and vanishes altogether.
Does anyone recall...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 16th 18, 04:55 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions Again? This Device Allows You To Watch Anything For Free!

On 16/03/2018 07:42, Robin wrote:

It seems to me a US site, giving prices in dollars, with ads from US
vendors.

Yes, but it's coming up as a very prominent ad on some sites I use here...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 16th 18, 04:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions Again? This Device Allows You To Watch Anything For Free!

I bought something like this for the radio, from a shop in Lisle Street 60
years ago for 3/9

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 10th 18, 08:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 55
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

Our postman and postwoman are brilliant. When they realised I was
incapacitated they started bringing the post to the side door, which is
up a flight of steps. They also have a really good way...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 1st 18, 11:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 75
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Sudden expenditure

On 27/02/2018 11:51, Jim Lesurf wrote:

Anyway, I'm hoping that - from weather to examination - things go well on
Friday.

This'll cheer you...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 22nd 18, 05:45 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 66
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Galileo ever come on stream?

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Well all a bit late and too costly unless of course there is a secret deal
to start...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 18th 18, 12:31 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Global positioning

On 17/02/2018 17:26, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Once you get something a little more complex, like an 1103 Dram or a 4004 processor, show the internal components is totally impracticable, even if...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 18th 18, 12:11 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 125
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Global positioning

Sigh, In fact the concept of all those things is explainable without going
into the detail.I don't think many teachers understand things enough to go
to the conceptual level on modern stuff.
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 7th 18, 01:18 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Unprofessional stations

On 6 Feb 2018 12:13:46 GMT, "Jeff Gaines" wrote:

On 04/02/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Seems to me that these automated...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 3rd 18, 01:31 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Aerial cables (other than the goat aspect)

On 24/01/2018 01:41, Graham. wrote:

When I was a kid I lived near the Manchester & Bury railway line (now
part of Metrolink). The station approach to the local station formed a
shortcut...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 31st 18, 03:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 23
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Always check the cables.....

Yes the centre pin clearance was tiny so a little flexing or looseness and
it was intermittent. I have one here which looks like its all plastic, but
it has this method and in the end I nicked a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 29th 18, 11:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
New aerial for Winter Hill.

I will be overhauling my aerials when the weather gets a bit warmer
and I was wondering, after the 700MHz band clearance and move
downwards, what group of aerial to use rather than the C/D one I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 25th 18, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 69
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Problems today with muxes 7 and 8

Woody wrote:

Don't I remember something about Sony's having problems when another
component of DTTV changed some years ago?

Some of the early sony's didn't support 8k carrier mode, so...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 25th 18, 05:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 69
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Problems today with muxes 7 and 8

Today the GI was increased from 1/128 to 1/16 on muxes 7 and 8. GI is
guard interval. Itís been increased today from 1/128 to 1/16 so they can
operate single frequency networks because of the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 25th 18, 01:29 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
OT(ish) - mobile taking over TV frequencies

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 22:53:23 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

As far as I know, it's only illegal
to *use* an unauthorised transmitter, not to sell, make or own...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 24th 18, 12:41 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Aerial cables (other than the goat aspect)

On 22/01/2018 16:52, MR wrote:
On Saturday, 20 January 2018 16:36:08 UTC, wrote:
In the fifties and sixties people often had the wireless next to the
telly. In fact...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 24th 18, 12:28 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
Hugh's Wild West animal tracking aerial

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
He's tracking some small beast using what appears to be a three element
yagi (with a stub...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 23rd 18, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
OT(ish) - mobile taking over TV frequencies

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 02:02:51 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

As far as I know, it's only illegal
to *use* an unauthorised transmitter, not to sell, make or own...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 23rd 18, 01:02 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Graham.[_12_]
OT(ish) - mobile taking over TV frequencies

On 21 Jan 2018 23:08:05 GMT, David wrote:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/107254/Repeaters-
Statement-2017.pdf

Thanks - interesting...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 383