Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Gaff
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 15th 18, 07:20 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Brian Gaff
iPlayer downloads now only being offered in sd1?

But apart from easing the stresses on their servers, what possible point
would there be to this really?
It would seem a retrograde step.
Its more likely the usual cock up that bbc makes when new...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 14th 18, 07:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Gaff
Oxford Local Mux.... Anyone got any information?

My god what a mess. It was oh so easy in the vhf days.

Blind user, so no...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 12th 18, 07:01 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Gaff
Gotham

Nobody cares any more assuming the viewer does not care either but recent
figures seem to suggest that radio listening is up and of course streamed
playlists is up and tv is down, though viewing...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 05:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Gaff
Gotham

Yawn.

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 05:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Gaff
Gotham

I thought it had been a flop, It lasted 4.2 mins the first time. did not
have ad and was completely stupid as well, but each to their own.

This newsgroup posting comes to you...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Posted By Brian Gaff
HD Recorder Advice Please

I thought recording in hd was prohibuted somehow in the hdmi specs.

Blind...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 05:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Gaff
Freesat EPG

That is because they are still not quite sure when the end of the world will
come.

The Sofa of Brian...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 05:08 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Gaff
Do Philips MR16 LED bulbs cause RF interference

The waveform often generated shows saturation of the core material on the
high frequency transformer used inside a lot of these and wall warts as
well. Also the sharp edges on the waveform so...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 05:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Gaff
Do Philips MR16 LED bulbs cause RF interference

Sounds like dodgy tech to me. That is hardly an answer indeed if that is all
it contained it would go bang and only use one mains half cycle to do so.

This newsgroup posting...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 10th 18, 05:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Gaff
Do Philips MR16 LED bulbs cause RF interference

I'd imagine as many of these bulbs must be using switch mode supplies that
it might be an issue for them all. Not a lot of space for filtering.

This newsgroup posting comes to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 9th 18, 09:06 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Brian Gaff
The Great DVB-T switch off?

You can get cheap Chinese standard and socket converters though I seem to
recall. The fact that the definition will be worse probably won't matter.
However crt based tv may well conk out soon.
I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 11:44 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian Gaff
Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

In the old days of Analogue one of my jobs was to test tv tuners coming in
from Mullard and Telefunken that our factory used.
The gain and noise over the wide bandwidth was really variable on many...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 11:39 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian Gaff
Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

Its all down to signal to noise I'd imagine. If the noise is high, then the
digital signal is below the level that can be detected. This is the problem
with digital, although noisy, you could still...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 11:36 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 37
Posted By Brian Gaff
Retune for Ch. 10

Yes in my case as far as I am aware there is no talking set top box
manufactured at all for the blind now, so many of us have been buying up old
goodmans and TVonics boxes to keep our system going,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 7th 18, 07:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 37
Posted By Brian Gaff
Retune for Ch. 10

Yes well my remote control chose last night to go into the 'I'll randomly
send commands no matter what you do' mode making it impossible for me to
retune the box.
Good old Goodmans.
I seem to now...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 6th 18, 03:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 37
Posted By Brian Gaff
Retune for Ch. 10

Does this apply everywhere, and what does this do for SD only tvs and boxes?

The Sofa of Brian...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 6th 18, 03:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 37
Posted By Brian Gaff
Retune for Ch. 10

Probably given up since nobody tells anyone what the soup is going on most
of the time!

The Sofa of Brian...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 5th 18, 04:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Gaff
Commonwealth Games

Yes well, I remember I had a very short friend back in those days and the
ony way he could take photoes was by holding it above his head and in the
right general direction and pressing the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 5th 18, 08:59 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Gaff
Commonwealth Games

Yes you may laugh, but in the old days people did forget this, however, my
old Pentax from when I could see had this sorted, it had a motor driven
shutter over tthe lens so you could not leave it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 18, 04:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Brian Gaff
Crystal Palace Issues

No I don't see that at all in this case its too many bloody cooks involved
with the supply of the national broadcaster, including commercial entities
who want just to make dosh out of it all.
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 18, 04:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Brian Gaff
Crystal Palace Issues

On the other hand there are injustices on many jobs between men and women,
so really I see no issue with this. Perhaps they all get too much to start
with?

This newsgroup...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 18, 04:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Brian Gaff
Crystal Palace Issues

Being called Clickshould it not be on bbc3 online?
That is the normal logic of the BBC. I had the misfortune to attempt to
view bbc 3 the other day, infantile crap.

This...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 18, 04:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Brian Gaff
Crystal Palace Issues

They really have made a complete mess of things, when you look at it.
I mean all we need now is some bright spark to spot how unused the military
air band is and we will have yet another non...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 18, 04:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Brian Gaff
Crystal Palace Issues

Well, I guess it depends very much on the distance, as I recall that an
aerial near the coast aimed at the Isle of Wight used to suffer from a kind
of fading up and down as the tide moved.
I can...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 31st 18, 09:27 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 76
Posted By Brian Gaff
Crystal Palace Issues

So if they had left them in place, which particular other channels would or
could have been affected by doing so?

The Sofa...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500