Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ChrisM
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 31st 04, 01:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By ChrisM
alternative to the Sky remote

As above really, Is there a remote that will work with the sky box but
is better to use?
Whoever designed the Sky remote should give up and retire.

I thought with how popular sky is that...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 2nd 04, 08:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By ChrisM
NTL Digital Cable in Westminster?

Does anyone know when NTL might upgrade to Digital Cable in Westminster?
They started the upgrade 2 years ago when they replaced the old BT system
with standard analogue cable, which was...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 28th 04, 05:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By ChrisM
Pace Twin discontinued

According to my local Comet 'Pace have discontinued the Twin, and we
won't be getting any more in stock'

Anyone else heard this, and does it mean a new one is imminent?

comet have...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 27th 04, 07:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By ChrisM
Pace Twin replacement remote control

Any recommendations on a replacement remote control that is suitable
for use with the Pace twin?
Do pace sell the remotes separately or is there a "4 in one" remote
(e.g Chameleon) that can...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 23rd 04, 10:21 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By ChrisM
5 streams of TOPUP

Channel Hours of broadcast
UK Style 18:00 - 22:59
E4 16:00 - 03:59
Discovery 12:00 - 22:59
UK Gold 12:00 - 00:50
Turner...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 22nd 04, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 3
Posted By ChrisM
Activating Card After 9 Months of Inactivity

As I was working abroad I never used my Sky system for a long time and
the digibox was powered off for 9 months. Now I have returned and
switched it all on and want to use it again and it is...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 22nd 04, 01:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By ChrisM
Widescreen Woes

Hi all

I finally had my duff Sharp 24" W/S TV replaced by Domestic and
General with a shiny new Panasonic 24" W/S TV.

I'm still using my original Pace On-Digital box connected via...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 21st 04, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By ChrisM
Harry Hill

Watching this last night via Kimberley (Nottingham). Although it
was broadcast in widescreen my TV was switching to 4:3, other
channels were switching correctly. Anyone else notice...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 21st 04, 01:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By ChrisM
Harry Hill

Watching this last night via Kimberley (Nottingham). Although it was
broadcast in widescreen my TV was switching to 4:3, other channels
were switching correctly. Anyone else notice...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 04, 07:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By ChrisM
Seca2 Cards

So where can Seca2 cards be obtained from?

www.topup.tv
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 04, 11:12 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 35
Posted By ChrisM
Freeview EPG moves nearer

"HI, I'm Mark Carver. You may remember me from postings such as...
[email protected] wrote:
Jamie wrote:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/latest/latest_epg_trial.htm

There has been a significant...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 17th 04, 11:08 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By ChrisM
will i be able to get all the top-uptv chanels?

hi all. i recieve

"Recieve"?

freeview from reigate transmitter. but can't recieve Mux
D. but can receive chan 5.

Five analogue or DTT?

the promo channel says "check you can recieve...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 13th 04, 06:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By ChrisM
Channel 26 now showing TUTV Promo video

Looky looky looky.

Russell

ok maybe im being pickey, but its in widescreen but doesnt have widescreen
switching so looks pants... (ok i could change it manually)
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 13th 04, 01:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 113
Posted By ChrisM
HDTV

Stephen wrote:
I think the BBC do intend to start HDTV in the UK, and there will be
no problem broadcasting it on Sky, but they will feel obliged to
broadcast it on terrestrial also....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 12th 04, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By ChrisM
How are TUTV allowed to exist?

Can I make my own pay-tv service on freeview with unlimited financial
backing?

yes if you have that kind of money you can outbid other channels when they
come to renew

Why don't they p**s off...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 10th 04, 04:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By ChrisM
programming Pace Twin to record

Is there some sort of EPG built in to the Pace Twin, or is there just
"Now and Next"?

Kate

it has the ability for the 7 day epg but until BBC/Freeview start
broadcasting it its just now and...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 10th 04, 01:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Posted By ChrisM
Another thought on TUT.

Define "properly"

awful

how does he smell

my dog has no nose
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 10th 04, 08:46 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By ChrisM
BBC Four interruption just before 10pm

I was watching the end of the show about Tetris, and the programme
suddenly switched to something with an American feel, some people
sitting around a sofa I think it was (I was too startled to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 04, 08:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By ChrisM
TopUp TV

been his life, he managed to utter:

Look everyone ArmandAlegge can use the copy and paste function! oh
arent you cleaver!!

That's a bit of a cutting remark... Eh what?

Old Nic

:)...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 04, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By ChrisM
Top-Up TV channel line up

I for one think Top-TV is a good idea, with a great channel line.

I would be willing to pay 20 a month for these channels.
All we need is locations 1 to 12 on the EPG so I can find my...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 04, 07:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By ChrisM
TopUp TV

ChrisM ..Oh dear .... another Sky stooge ..trawling the newsgroups and
Forums to make instant rebuttal for Mr Sun....

Look everyone ArmandAlegge can use the copy and paste function! oh arent...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 04, 07:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By ChrisM
A Nice Little TopUp

ChrisM ..Oh dear .... another Sky stooge ..trawling the newsgroups and
Forums to make instant rebuttal for Mr Sun....

im sorry i belittled all your ill informed rubbish. maybe if you read...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 04, 05:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 7
Posted By ChrisM
TopUp TV

When do the first pirate cards appear?

www.pikey****.co.uk
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 04, 05:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 31
Posted By ChrisM
TOP-UP TV Channels

The whole point of this exercise is that channels like E4 do not have
a licence to broadcast free-to-air. AFAIK they have got to be part of
some form of subscription package.

Eh? That's...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 9th 04, 04:56 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By ChrisM
A Nice Little TopUp

So now we know....20 connection fee(10 if you sign up online) and
7.99 per month (More of you want TVX soft-core).

Target 250000 to break even...mmmm lets say average 15.00 per punter
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75