Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Geoff Winkless
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) May 27th 04, 12:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 21
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Pace Twin software update

Simon Slavin wrote:
From what I observe, it goes to some efforts to defragment
the disk as it's working in order to minimise the seek time
while recording and playing. So all free space has to...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) April 7th 04, 10:52 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 18
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Pace Twin

Ancipital wrote:
On Tue, 06
BBC1 gets 4.35Mbps. That's not bad but the TiVo's "best" rate is
over 6Mbps, AIUI.

(3GB/hr=50MB/min=833KB/sec=6.666Mb/sec - take off 192kbps for audio
and...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) April 6th 04, 02:55 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 18
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Pace Twin

Ancipital wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:30:29 +0100, Geoff Winkless wrote:
IME Tivo's "Best" picture quality is significantly better than the
awful mpeg stream you get from freeview.

Umm,...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) April 6th 04, 10:30 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 18
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Pace Twin

Ancipital wrote:
That's just it- you hit the nail on the thumb. I'd like a Tivo, but
hate the awful picture quality. Until freeview boxes have SDI out and
there's a Tivo with SDI in, or there's...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) February 5th 04, 08:34 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 7
Posted By Geoff Winkless
A Pace twin PVR question...

Brownie wrote:
"no" wrote in message
Can I plug (SCART?) in another source to the Pace, for example, an
NTL digibox - so I can...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 30th 04, 10:52 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 5
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Help needed to split mpeg

Yannick wrote:
Escort wrote:
I have a 1.2Gb mpeg and need to split it into 2 to record onto cd
anyone offer any help

newbie

please do a google, I found loads of hits for an...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 15th 04, 11:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 28
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Tivo subscription

Kevin Reilly wrote:
On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 Geoff Winkless wrote:

The problem is that the service is substandard and overpriced.

I've never understood this argument. If there was a commercial...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 2nd 04, 10:13 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Tivo upgrade which hard drive?

wrote:
You don't need a 7200rpm drive. It's a waste of speed, hotter,
noisier. 5400 will do. Faster drives offer no advantage. You will
notice a significant slowing in menu operation...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 2nd 04, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 28
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Tivo subscription

Trendy Uncle wrote:
Shaddax wrote:
Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that
the thing that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to
ask, is how to hack...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) January 2nd 04, 10:05 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 28
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Tivo subscription

gill107 wrote:
You must have been one of the idiots who got On(ITV)-Digital closed
down with your tricks costing the companies ie shareholders a huge
amount of money.
Turning your attention...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) December 18th 03, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 4
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Eurosport/Tivo/Guide data

Chris Croughton wrote:
Note that chanel assignments are different in 'core' NTL areas

Is that what they meant when they told me "NTL stinks"?

Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) December 2nd 03, 10:45 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Space Left ?

Carter wrote:
My friend and I upgraded both our TiVos to 120Gb disks - as alot of
people will say, getting the lid off is probably the hardest bit. The
"Linux" part of the upgrade is fairly...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 19th 03, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Is Pacelink the only place to buy preconfigured HD's?

Yannick wrote:
Yes, Hinsdales guide is A.OK !

Your basically booting into a unix environment and running a few basic
commands, copying the tivo image from the old drive to the new...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) November 14th 03, 01:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 8
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Partial recording - Tivo

Angus Rae wrote:
If you've got access to the bash prompt on your TiVo (via Turbonet or
a serial cable) then it might be worth trying the soft padding
utility you can find in one of the threads...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) July 22nd 03, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Replies: 4
Posted By Geoff Winkless
Tivo for sale unboxed

"Colin Bean" wrote in message
mint but no box, all cables etc

125 + p&p

you should be able to get more on ebay, but...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15