Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Longley
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 27th 04, 03:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.adverts.computer,uk.media.home-cinema
Replies: 36
Posted By David Longley
SONY Double Layer DVD Writer - DRX-700UL External UK?

In article , David Longley
writes
In article , Gregory
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 26th 04, 11:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.adverts.computer,uk.media.home-cinema
Replies: 36
Posted By David Longley
SONY Double Layer DVD Writer - DRX-700UL External UK?

In article , Gregory
writes
tHatDudeUK wrote:
"Gregory" wrote in message
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 26th 04, 10:27 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.adverts.computer,uk.media.home-cinema
Replies: 36
Posted By David Longley
SONY Double Layer DVD Writer - DRX-700UL External UK?

In article , Gregory
writes
Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2004 23:20:25 +0100, tHatDudeUK wrote:

"Gareth Jones"...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 26th 04, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.adverts.computer,uk.media.home-cinema

Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2004 23:20:25 +0100, tHatDudeUK wrote:

"Gareth Jones"...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 24th 04, 02:06 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.adverts.computer,uk.media.home-cinema
Replies: 36
Posted By David Longley
SONY Double Layer DVD Writer - DRX-700UL External UK?

I know the SONY Double Layer DVD internal ATA Writer - DRU-700A is
available for about 150 pounds in the UK, but I'm after the external
USB2/Firewire boxed DRX-700UL model. Does anyone know if it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 30th 04, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By David Longley
TH-42PW4, Dr SIM BOX and SKY+ - - Image Jitter-

I have a Pansonic TH-42PW4, displaying a feed from a SKY+ box using an
RGB-VGA Dr SIM BOX. I am concerned about a small amount of what *looks
like* interlacing jitter on the menus, and this seems...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 13th 04, 07:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 6
Posted By David Longley
Video Senders and SKY/SKY+

In article , "[email protected]"
writes
"John Rogerson" wrote...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 13th 04, 07:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 6
Posted By David Longley
Video Senders and SKY/SKY+

In article , "[email protected]"
writes
"John Rogerson" wrote...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 9th 04, 11:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 6
Posted By David Longley
Video Senders and SKY/SKY+

I'd like to send either SKY or SKY+ signals to a couple of other rooms
(I also use the RF2 on the SKY+ to feed a CRT TV in another room, and
already have a SKY box in another room too).

The idea...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) April 9th 04, 11:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 6
Posted By David Longley
Video Senders and SKY/SKY+

I'd like to send either SKY or SKY+ signals to a couple of other rooms
(I also use the RF2 on the SKY+ to feed a CRT TV in another room, and
already have a SKY box in another room too).

The idea...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) February 2nd 04, 11:46 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 18
Posted By David Longley
Recording failure - Strange Circumstances

In article , John Kelly
writes
Sky+ v2

Was set to record something on BBC1 - nothing else was being recorded at...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) February 2nd 04, 10:00 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 0
Posted By David Longley
SKY+Box Planner Saved Programmes Freezing

I've noticed that some of the programmes (especially films) I've
recorded tend to freeze and sometimes, recently, result in loss of
remote control altogether. The image doesn't break up, it just...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) January 30th 04, 02:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 0
Posted By David Longley
RGB to BNC or SVGA "Scartblaster" Cable

I have a couple of Keene RGB Scart to SVGA or VNC/Phono Cables which I
no longer need as I'm using a Dr Sim Box instead. I guess some of the
newer plasma screen's have sockets which can cope...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) November 26th 03, 10:19 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 2
Posted By David Longley
SKY+ DD Dropout?

In article , Nick
Webster writes
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) November 26th 03, 08:22 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 2
Posted By David Longley
SKY+ DD Dropout?

I've noticed periodic dropout on the DD 5.1 audio on some broadcasts
even when the whether appears to be clear. In my case the audio is
output to a Pioneer AX10i-S which shows the DD5.1 disappear...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) October 23rd 03, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 5
Posted By David Longley
SKY+ Premiere Widescreen - Premiere 1,2,3 - Premiere 1,2 == Variability in DD5.1

Has everyone else noticed the recent decline in frequency of (DD) DD 5.1
broadcasts on the Premiere channels? To start with it was limited to
Widescreen. Then with the disappearance of Widescreen...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) October 17th 03, 11:00 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 3
Posted By David Longley
Movie Max vs Premier and DD5.1

Is there a known official explanation as to why SKY is now broadcasting
so many new blockbusters on Movie Max first and not Premier 1, and 3
(where one exclusively gets non Box Office DD 5.1)? This...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) August 18th 03, 11:24 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 2
Posted By David Longley
Dr Sim RGB2VGA Box and Sky+ Jaggies

I've recently swapped my Sony Digibox for a Pace Sky+ box and think I've
noticed a marked increase in the visibility of "jaggies" since the swap.
I'm using a Dr Sim RGB2VGA box which takes the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 18th 03, 11:24 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 2
Posted By David Longley
Dr Sim RGB2VGA Box and Sky+ Jaggies

I've recently swapped my Sony Digibox for a Pace Sky+ box and think I've
noticed a marked increase in the visibility of "jaggies" since the swap.
I'm using a Dr Sim RGB2VGA box which takes the...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.sky (Sky Television) July 4th 03, 10:22 AM Posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 1
Posted By David Longley
Confirmation: SKY+ 5.1 requires Optical cable to external AMP?

Can someone confirm that in order to get 5.1DD from my SKY+ box I need
to use an optical cable (TOS link) from the SKY+ box to my AV
5.1/6.1/7.1 Amp? is there a particular TYPE of TOS link cable to...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20