Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 10th 04, 08:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul
Top Up Tv - Encryption standard ?

M00ie wrote:
Seca

Wahooooo!

/me digs up his elvis programmer and goldcards and prepares for free porn
again!

;-)
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 3rd 04, 08:53 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul
Any alternative PVR to Pace Twin?

Robin Smith wrote:
Have you tried upgrading the HD already then? What do you need to do.
Ironicaly, I enjoy unsing mine so much that I filled up the HD
quickly with stuff I would never normally...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 2nd 04, 04:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul
Any alternative PVR to Pace Twin?

Robin Smith wrote:
Humax PVR8000T.

Had it a couple of weeks now and its great, almost a revolution in
video recording. When the 7 day EPG is out it will leap it even
further

And its...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) February 2nd 04, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul
Any alternative PVR to Pace Twin?

Dogbert Dilbert wrote:

Are there any other PVRs available besides the Twin, or is anyone
aware of others due to appear this year?

Humax PVR8000T (single tuner)
Humax PVR9000T (twin tuner not...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 13th 04, 02:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul
Humax PVR8000T: Source

Nige wrote:
In uk.tech.digital-tv, Aztech wrote:

169 inc :-
http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2WXJ

Does the Dabs one come complete, it mentions an "upgrade"?

The dabs...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 13th 04, 02:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul
Humax PVR8000T: Source

Az, did you say that this Humax box doesn't have S/PDIF output, cos
according to this it does:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/products/new_leaflet/pvr-8000t_l.pdf

if you were talking about a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 6th 04, 08:44 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul
Humax PVR 9100T: Anyone know what this is

Robin Smith wrote:
I'm guessing its an uprated version of the 8000T. See he

http://www.pvruk.co.uk/article.cfm?attributes.article=373

I think you'll find its got 2 tuners whereas the 8000T...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 16th 03, 01:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul
Humax PVR Series Link

Anyone have any idea if a series link feature is going to be implemented
into the PVR8000t?
Eg: record all simpsons episodes.

This would make the PVR soooooo much more...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 10th 03, 03:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul
Humax PVR8000T HDD

Nothing personal Paul, but an IBM "Deathstar" disk - what a stupid
name.

Many years ago, I worked for a large multinational company. Anything
that came from America always had a silly,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 10th 03, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul
Humax PVR8000T HDD

"Philip Stokes" wrote in message
That's good news, as according to Humax:
Can I upgrade my HDD to 80, 120, or 160 GB?

Not...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 10th 03, 09:29 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul
Humax PVR8000T HDD

"ADE" wrote in message
This is just what i wanted to hear
as ive got a idtv, i dont need of want a twin tuner and would rather have
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 10th 03, 07:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul
Humax PVR8000T HDD

There doesn't seem to be too much info about this pvr's HDD upgradability
out on the net, so i thought i'd contribute what i've found out tonight...

It seems that the 3.5" 40GB seagate supplied is...
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) December 9th 03, 04:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Paul
Buying a Freeview PVR --- Which? Are Pace as bad as they sound?

I think anyone wanting what is basically a digital video with Freeview
tuner
will find the Humax great. If you wish to record radio and/or have a true
Freeview PVR your only choice is a Twin...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 9th 03, 04:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By Paul
Buying a Freeview PVR --- Which? Are Pace as bad as they sound?

I think anyone wanting what is basically a digital video with Freeview
tuner
will find the Humax great. If you wish to record radio and/or have a true
Freeview PVR your only choice is a Twin...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 9th 03, 03:52 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul
HUMAX 8000T

"ADE" wrote in message
is the hard disk in the humax 8000t a 3.5" or 2.5" unit?

Yep i can confirm it's 3.5".

--
Paul
Forum: uk.tech.tv.video.pvr Personal Video Recorder (PVR) December 9th 03, 03:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Paul
Buying a Freeview PVR --- Which? Are Pace as bad as they sound?

I have just bought a humax pvr8000t from dabs.com (154 i think, 184 after
vat and delivery). Ordered it yesterday lunchtime and it was delivered here
to work at 9am this morning. It looks pretty...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 9th 03, 03:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.misc