Showing results 1 to 25 of 112
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dr Zoidberg
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 10th 07, 12:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
"ghosting" on freeview picture quality

tonyjeffs wrote:
Our reception on one freeview has three large ghosting type vertical
bands on the left of the screen.
Another freeview box has a slight fuziness to large blocks of a single
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 5th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 26
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
SCART through the wall

wrote:
On 5 Sep, 16:03, "Paul D.Smith" wrote:
wrote in message

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 4th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
PVR or simple HD/DVD recorder?

bugbear wrote:
OK. Having been (forcibly!) educated
about the wonders of PVRs, it looks
to me as if they do more (and require more commitment)
than I was thinking of.

No , they really...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) September 4th 07, 11:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 68
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
PVR?

André Coutanche wrote:
bugbear wrote:
So - is there a consensus best PVR
out there?

Ideally I'd like to be able to record
to DVD too. DVD playback is optional,
since I already...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 29th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
widescreen set top box settings

Geoff Pearson wrote:
My nephew has just got his Virgin Media cable connection and cannot
find the settings menu to tell the box that his TV is widescreen not
4:3.
On a telewest STB there was a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 19th 07, 06:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
using my computer through my tv monitor

Marky P wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:46:24 +0100, "Dr Zoidberg"

Dr Zoidberg,

That has fixed my...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 19th 07, 06:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 26
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Which newsgroup?

Marky P wrote:
I have a problem with a car radio installed in a caravan. What
newsgroup should I use?

uk.rec.audio.car , or uk.rec.cars.maintenance

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 19th 07, 05:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
using my computer through my tv monitor

wrote:
Dr Zoidberg,

That has fixed my problem, my tv only supports 1024 x 768 and I had
the PC running on 1280 x 1024. Thanks very much!

No probs.
It's something...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 19th 07, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
using my computer through my tv monitor

wrote:
i just bought a new tv and on the back it has a pc video connection
(RGB input). When i statr up my computer the image comes up fine. Once
the computer has...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 15th 07, 09:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 2
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
PSOne RF Modulator

gareth wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if the RF modulators on PSOnes (or other games
consoles) can be used as an a/v to rf modulator? You can pick them up
much cheaper than RF modulators sold...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 5th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Humax PVR9200-T Question

Matti Lamprhey wrote:
I have a Humax PVR9200-T and generally love it. One thing I haven't
figured out how to do, though, is to extend the end time on a
scheduled recording which has already...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 17th 07, 10:42 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 52
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Annoying semi-letterbox format on main freeview channels

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 02:22:39 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 15th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 52
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Annoying semi-letterbox format on main freeview channels

Boltar wrote:
On 15 Jul, 19:23, "Dr Zoidberg"
wrote:
Boltar wrote:
On 15 Jul, 17:30, "Dr Zoidberg"
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 15th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 52
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Annoying semi-letterbox format on main freeview channels

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:17:55 -0700, Boltar wrote:

On 15 Jul, 17:30, "Dr Zoidberg"
wrote:
surprised if the majority of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 15th 07, 06:24 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 52
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Annoying semi-letterbox format on main freeview channels

Boltar wrote:
On 15 Jul, 17:35, "the dog from that film you saw"
wrote:
of course it chops the sides off - the shows are filmed in
widescreen so if...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 15th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 52
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Annoying semi-letterbox format on main freeview channels

Boltar wrote:
On 15 Jul, 17:30, "Dr Zoidberg"
wrote:
surprised if the majority of households don't have a widescreen set
for at least their main...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 15th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 52
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Annoying semi-letterbox format on main freeview channels

Boltar wrote:
On 14 Jul, 18:50, "the dog from that film you saw"
wrote:
"Boltar" wrote in message

Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 14th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 52
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Annoying semi-letterbox format on main freeview channels

Boltar wrote:
The other day I bought a Humax freeview box. Seems to work ok.
Something I've noticed though is that the BBC and ITV seem to
broadcast their main channels in a semi letterbox...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 4th 07, 01:19 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 50
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
PVR 9200 TB/S

Ivan wrote:
I've just impulse bought a Humax PVR 9200 TB/S (which I collect
tomorrow) I'm now beginning to wonder if I've done the right thing,
however I believe a number of people on this...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 2nd 07, 10:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
ASO
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
ASO

Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:44:18 +0100, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

You can write as many laws as you like and hike fines as much as you
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 2nd 07, 10:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Replies: 457
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Widescreen TV's a major contributor to the Global Warmigg Crisis.

Alex Heney wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 00:20:41 GMT, "Lord Turkey Cough"
wrote:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/06/29/1182624165361.html

About time they were,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 2nd 07, 07:06 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 93
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Digital tuners in all TVs sold

Graham wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message

"buddenbrooks" wrote in message
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 1st 07, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Humax PVR9200T

Mel wrote:
Hi all,

We have a humax pvr9200t set up in a bedroom at the moment and my
question is,

If I loop through the ariel on the RF to another bedroom can I put
another freeview box...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 30th 07, 12:11 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Humax PVR9200T - new software available

Nigel Whitfield wrote:
On 29 Jun, 13:45, "Dr Zoidberg"
wrote:
Nigel Whitfield wrote:
So presumably this could show up in a later version of...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 29th 07, 12:45 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 18
Posted By Dr Zoidberg
Humax PVR9200T - new software available

Nigel Whitfield wrote:
Group one facilities are essentially for Accurate Recording, and not
much else. So the box should track schedule changes, and if a program
starts late, or up to 10...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 112