Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 20.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Gaff[_2_]
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 5th 15, 08:18 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 30
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
This smart tv stick for non smart tvs

I hear it advertised, only 35 quid blah blah, but very little on which sets
and actually what it can do. It occurred to me that if it is in effect an
internet device, then I wondered if some...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 5th 15, 08:14 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Updates to TV?

Vitally we would need to know the age and model of the tv, as some here know
when the on air updates are done and for which chip sets and tellys.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 3rd 15, 11:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
One Drive and Cortana

Yes I'd love a pvr like that which also confirms what its done in a voice
that does not stutter and sound like a very bad rapper.

When you make one, I'm first in the queue.

From the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 3rd 15, 11:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
One Drive and Cortana

Well, lots of people use the cloud, but still retain local copies. I'm just
waiting for the impossible hack of one of these clouds to occur, cannot be
long now.
The digital assistants is just...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 3rd 15, 11:14 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Technics TV - Auto-Tuning

So this is in fact a software bug then, where its not looking at enough of
the id to get the change, so it ignores them on a reboot.

I'd still have though that a return to factory settings and a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 3rd 15, 11:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Software glitches?

I have a netgem as well, but its got an internet connection as well, and the
talking features mostly no longer work as they were pre recorded labels,
rather than speech synth.
You could be right...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 1st 15, 07:24 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 2
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Software glitches?

I've noticed just recently that users of the old smart talk set top box have
been reporting that some stations say no signal please check your Arial.
After an unplug and a reconnection of the power...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 30th 15, 07:46 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
What is CBS up to.

After a lot of spurious non platform specific chat about cbs reality moving
to ch 135, they finally, last night said it was Freesat.
Plonkers.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 29th 15, 07:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
What is CBS up to.

I caught the end of a message just after a program on another cbs channel
which just said, cbs reality is moving to a new home on ch 135. Not a lot
of help as it said nothing about which platform...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 29th 15, 07:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Transmission signal

I've seen this kind of thing even on other channels, they are just getting
very slapdash. the worst bit was that i was alerted to a program starting on
another channel which was supposed to start...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 26th 15, 12:29 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Yodelling audio?

Yes I used to have one of those novelty records where a tune was played on
motor horns etc, Stanelys Hornchestra?
He sounded like he was putting on a voice during his act with it. Very
amusing,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 26th 15, 12:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Yodelling audio?

No I've forgotten the title, but much over acting and although not a comedy,
it was at times funny by mistake.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Martin"...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 26th 15, 08:48 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Yodelling audio?

I watched, well listened to CSI on ch 5 last night, and several times in it
I heard what sounded like a yodelling effect as if the audio was being fed
throgh one of those pitch altering boxes, a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 22nd 15, 09:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
London Marathon

Oh deary me, that is on again this Sunday. I wonder if the talkback will be
on analogue that I can receive this year.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 22nd 15, 07:51 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Local DAB vs distant DAB reception.....

I don't think you can, as listening to the actual signals from here on an
omni suggests to me that allfrequencies are being used. the only way to get
distant ones on the same frequency would be...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 21st 15, 07:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 48
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Norway switching off FM.....are we next ?

It depends on what encoding is used, and also if the people running the
system are too greedy to cram in loads of mono stations, making it rather
more of a replacement for medium wave than fm.
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 19th 15, 08:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Singing aerials

Actually when i first heard it i thought of some of Yoko Onos early work.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 19th 15, 07:19 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Singing aerials

What is the best way to stop aerials from singing in winds from certain
directions. OK blocking up the ends of masts can be one way to sort some of
the noised, but I can hear one from across the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 19th 15, 07:16 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Imigration of reptiles?

Which reminded me of the difference between now and the 1960s.
In a clay quarry full of water in the 60s, they were preparing to fill it
in to build over the top.
Then they found some rare Newts....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 18th 15, 09:11 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Imigration of reptiles?

Hmm, very suspicious.
Bring back the Monster Raving Loonies. Painting grey squirrels red has
always appealed to me.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Martin"...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 18th 15, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Imigration of reptiles?

Cept we don't have any White reptiles as far as I know.
Still.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 18th 15, 09:08 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Imigration of reptiles?

I was waiting for a pun actually, but that is the conclusion the RSPCA came
to as well, as apparently it likes dry very warm places and was a bit
sluggish in our climate hence the ability of the ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 17th 15, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 17
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Imigration of reptiles?

In our local paper it said that a lizard was found in a local park which
came from African deserts. They were at a loss how it got here.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is ...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 17th 15, 04:43 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Spike

I'm surprised that a channel full of cop shows is not available.
We could have its postal address as 999 Letsbe Avenue.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Roderick...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) April 17th 15, 04:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 20
Posted By Brian Gaff[_2_]
Spike

Quite probably, given the slightly damaged programs, only one careful user
etc, that they put out monotonously.

Can we have a black and whit channel do you think?

From the Sofa of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500