Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Tobin
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) January 26th 18, 02:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 69
Posted By Richard Tobin
Problems today with muxes 7 and 8

In article ,
NY wrote:

BBC's approach means that 4:3 archive programmes are transmitted in a 16:9
frame, so the centre portion...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) December 19th 17, 08:59 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Richard Tobin
Neff Oven

In article ,
Pinnerite wrote:

My wife has two matching ovens stacked one above t'other.
Last week the upper one went 'bang' and took out the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 26th 17, 08:53 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 54
Posted By Richard Tobin
Terrible iPlayer response

In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:

The word is *swapping*, not swopping! :-)

The OED gives both spellings.

It would....
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 26th 17, 11:06 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 54
Posted By Richard Tobin
Terrible iPlayer response

In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:

Have you read my messages about swopping from Humax to Firestick?

The word is...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 16th 17, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 21
Posted By Richard Tobin
Bitrates

In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:

and we
don't want a satellite dish on our thatched roof

It doesn't have to go on the roof, it...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 7th 17, 05:25 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 40
Posted By Richard Tobin
The latest idea from a Brexit official: Replace EU safety checks with Amazon reviews

In article ,
Mark wrote:

And they would fit you a 13A or 15A plug if you asked them nicely.

15A plug???

Round...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 5th 17, 07:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 45
Posted By Richard Tobin
Cold caller

In article , Woody wrote:

You can press redial, put the phone down, wait till it stops
ringing, and the call will be cleared.

But I...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) October 5th 17, 06:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 45
Posted By Richard Tobin
Cold caller

In article ,
NY wrote:

I presume your friend is phoning you on your mobile. If it's an incoming
call on a landline, the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 31st 17, 03:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Posted By Richard Tobin
Weatherproof 4-way splitter

Can anyone recommend a 4-way splitter with a robust weatherproof case?
It's to replace a Labgear 4-way masthead amplifier which stopped
working and the case turned out to have broken. (I don't think...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 29th 17, 09:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 27
Posted By Richard Tobin
HDMI cable

In article ,
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

The difference with digital is it either gets there or it doesn't.

Unless...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) August 1st 17, 10:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 365
Posted By Richard Tobin
BBC News Blunder

In article ,
Indy Jess John wrote:

It would have caused considerable confusion for users of the ICL 1900
range. It had a 24-bit...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 30th 17, 03:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.satellite.tv.europe
Replies: 365
Posted By Richard Tobin
BBC News Blunder

In article ,
NY wrote:

Could you not have a satellite in a geostationary orbit above another line
of latitude than the equator,...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 14th 17, 12:14 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard Tobin
Freeview Explore

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

That was my assumption too. The problem with Panasonic is that they have
never had the facility to...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 13th 17, 01:34 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard Tobin
Freeview Explore

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

That was my assumption too. The problem with Panasonic is that they have
never had the facility to search an...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 13th 17, 12:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard Tobin
Freeview Explore

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:

"Freeview Explore will roll out on Freeview Play TVs and set-top boxes
this month...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 4th 17, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard Tobin
No messages on here for a while?

In article ,
Peter Duncanson wrote:

I saw only on message here yesterday, 3 July. That was from Brian Gaff
with the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) June 25th 17, 05:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 4
Posted By Richard Tobin
Audio return channel

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
I have a Panasonic TX-55CX680B TV and Onkyo AV TX-SR252 receiver
connected via HDMI.

I also have a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 24th 17, 10:56 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 110
Posted By Richard Tobin
CRTs

In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:

I'm more like the people who well understand what 'I done that
yesterday' means but nevertheless regard...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 23rd 17, 11:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 110
Posted By Richard Tobin
CRTs

In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:

No it doesn't, because 'five times smaller' is nonsensical, meaningless
twaddle.

And yet even *you* know...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 23rd 17, 07:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 110
Posted By Richard Tobin
CRTs

In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:

It's similar to the thinking that allows the expression "5-times
smaller than so-and-so". "5-times...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 23rd 17, 03:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 110
Posted By Richard Tobin
CRTs

In article ,
Davey wrote:

It's similar to the thinking that allows the expression "5-times
smaller than so-and-so". "5-times larger",...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) May 23rd 17, 09:04 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 110
Posted By Richard Tobin
CRTs

In article ,
Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
How can you let the absence of something out?

Why not?

-- Richard
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) July 27th 16, 04:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 163
Posted By Richard Tobin
New Freeview channels?

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:

My Humax HDR-Fox T2 is badgering me to retune, "In order to continue
to receive all the...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 27th 16, 02:38 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 95
Posted By Richard Tobin
HD question

In article ,
Davey wrote:

Not so much the HD to view but rather the HD tuner so that you
can see everything, not just a...
Forum: uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) March 1st 16, 11:44 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard Tobin
UK TV

In article ,
pinnerite wrote:
I wanted to try to watch a missed episode of The Bill this morning.
This channel tells me my version of Adobe...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500