Old April 16th 18, 08:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default iPlayer downloads now only being offered in sd1?

"TonyGamble" wrote in message
Foregive my ignorance but I have been following this thread and still
wonder what you folk are downloading and storing this stuff for.

What is a gip? What is a gippo? I spotted this " Unless I am actually
missing a trick or two, Gip users seem to be totally reliant on iPlayer's
munificence in the matter of programme download quality. If the Gippos
running the iPlayer concession stand don't want to offer hlshd1, then
there's not much Gip can do about it"

Maybe it's a secret. If so then feel free to keep it to yourselves. I have
discovered a whole new world with Terrarium where I can look up and view
almost every reasonable movie made in the last forty years, instantly and
for free. It has tranformed both our tv and cinema life. If I want to see
The Godfather in HDTV without the sound of popcorn I can do it NOW without
even taking off my carpet slippers !!

Are you part of this system? I am fascinated. I download and store stuff
every day with my Humax but, once I have watched it, I junk it. My 'stuff'
looks like HDTV. iPlayer I only use when I have missed something for my
Humax.

Am I missing out on a whole new world?

GetIplayer (gip, GIP, GiP etc) is a third-party command-line program (with a
GUI front-end for people that don't like command lines) which downloads
videos from the BBC iPlayer site in a form that can be kept forever, without
the normal 30-day timeout on videos that are downloaded using the iPlayer
site.