Old April 15th 18, 10:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

Default iPlayer downloads now only being offered in sd1?

In article , Java Jive
wrote:

From that discussion, it seems that the only HD mode destined to
survive is hvfhd, and in fact I downloaded the Gettys program overnight
in that format, 2.7GB, 1280x720, 50fps, but haven't watched it yet.

I wonder if the BBC may want to deprecate hls and focus on mpeg-dash. Or
simply want to drop 25fps.

It has seemed curious that the 1280x720 25fps has only been available via
hls.