Old April 15th 18, 08:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

Default iPlayer downloads now only being offered in sd1?

I don't see how it is a cock-up if the BBC change iPlayer in a way which
(probably accidentally) stops people doing something iPlayer was never
intended to do. I can still watch iPlayer in 1280x720p so it seems to
me it is working as it was meant to.

On 15/04/2018 08:20, Brian Gaff wrote:
But apart from easing the stresses on their servers, what possible point
would there be to this really?
It would seem a retrograde step.
Its more likely the usual cock up that bbc makes when new brooms take over
and nobody watches the output properly.
Its a symptom of our modern world, nobody cares at all, just keep taking
the money till the contract is taken away boys.

Robin