Old April 12th 18, 09:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Charlie+

Default HD Recorder Advice Please

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on April 19, 2018.

On 12 Apr 2018 07:47:58 GMT, "Jeff Gaines"
wrote as underneath :

On 12/04/2018 in message
Charlie+ wrote:

If the OP decides to go down the splitter/stripper route, ask again, a
lot of them dont work well, get very hot, dont strip HDCP properly or at
all etc. etc. Then you have to record the un-encrypted hdmi signal to
DVD, hardly anything will do that outside a computer with an hdmi input
card.

I'm beginning to wish I had replaced the blown caps on my Panasonic :-(

Perhaps I'll try eBay for an older Panny with SCART since it is so much
hassle with HDMI.

Yep thats the cheap route! Only, if in the future you start going to
bigger than 32" display then AV type SD recordings begin to look pretty
shabby!