Old April 10th 18, 09:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

Default Gotham

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 16:16:59 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

For those who have been missing Gotham, Series 4 starts tonight on E4 at
2100.

Of course, it will all be a bit confusing as Channel 5 never showed
Series 3. That was aired on Netflix last year - so those watching on
Freeview/Freesat and haven't got Netflix will have a bit of catching up
to do. Unfortunately it seems that, if Series 3 ever appears on
Freeview/Freesat, it will be /after/ Series 4 is shown!

I only found out about it by pure chance when an announcement ad
appeared for it at the end of Countdown today. The bloody Radio Times,
which we buy each week, made no mention of it at all, other than showing
it as "New" in the E4 listing for today.

That's bad, especially as it's been quite a while since the last series.

I was recording a series last year, letting the whole lot finish before
watching it. Had trouble sorting out the episodes, as they seemed to be in
groups for each separate story.
Went on line to get the order and found out, purely by chance, that there
was a series of 3 long episodes made about 20 years later that formed a
prequel!
It was a time when pencil and paper trumped technology for making notes -
the synopses for the programmes didn't hang together for the stories.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away