Old April 7th 18, 10:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Mills[_2_]

Default Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

On 07/04/2018 11:48, Jeff Layman wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I posted that for some reason my Panasonic PVR
could still pick up Com78 on CH56 using the Group A 18-element loft
aerial. Under the same conditions, the Panasonic TV couldn't see Com78.

Yesterday (before retuning to get the 4 April changes), I had a look at
the Com78 signal strength and quality on the PVR's setup menu. It was
interesting that the signal strength bar was showing 6-7, and quality
was 5 or 6 with a yellow bar. The picture and sound were normal on
CBeebies HD and BBC4 HD. I just retuned, and now Com78 is down in
quality. CBeebies is still showing 6 or 7 for strength, but quality is
at 1 in red (sometimes it gets to 2). Strangely, most of the time the
picture and sound are fine.

I still find it amazing that the PVR can deal with a signal with as poor
a quality as this, which the TV can't even see!

ISTR that Rowridge uses both horizontal and vertical polarisation, with
vertical having a stronger signal. Which way up is your aerial?
--
Cheers,
Roger